Siltcoos 12/14

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice day out fishing for about 4 hours but no fish. several other boats out, we hit the outlet, Fiddle Creek and then Maple Creek. no takers, no jumps/rolls, and we did not see any fish caught by the 5 or 6 other boats. cheers, roger

B
billfisher
Thanks for the report! Glad it was a nice day even if it was slow.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I hit it on Friday on my way down to the Elk with my wife. Best I could muster was a nice wiggle wart sitting on top of the water. My buddy hooked and released a dark buck.

It was a beautiful day but I think that high water moved them up into the creek. It got me thinking that it would be fun to hike up the creek and see the spawning beds. Does anyone know if there is a trail or access up there for hiking?

E
eugene1
jamisonace said:
It got me thinking that it would be fun to hike up the creek and see the spawning beds. Does anyone know if there is a trail or access up there for hiking?

You can drive up along one of them, can't remember which one we went up though. We stopped off at several places and saw fish cruising around. If they see you they scatter and try to hide.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jamisonace said:
It was a beautiful day but I think that high water moved them up into the creek. It got me thinking that it would be fun to hike up the creek and see the spawning beds. Does anyone know if there is a trail or access up there for hiking?

agreed, when I saw how high the water was at the launch, I had a bad feeling that most those up the arms had moved up the creeks but with such nice weather no reason not to try...and wow, what a fantastic run of large coho we had this year...