SALTYFISH
Eastern Oregon Mule Deer 2011

• larrys mule deer.jpg
R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice hunt, nice bucks!

P
PNW Sam
NICE pics, Mad dog!! Those are some sweet blacktails.

I
igot_it
My first (and Second) deer.

My first (and Second) deer.

Well here is my fist deer. I shot it Monday morning. I don't have any pictures of my second deer which I shot about three seconds later. I had a general season buck tag and a controlled doe tag and filled them both within twenty yards of each other. I guess waiting all this time finally paid off. Why didn't anyone tell me that packing out two dead deer was a bad idea?:lol: Oh well now back to fishing!:D

G
GDBrown
Nice looking deer. Where were you hunting? The background looks like a coast range clearcut I go by once in a while.

P
PNW Sam
Awesome first deer! How far did you have to pack em out?

I
igot_it
GD I have been sworn to secrecy on the location.....but you probably DO know where it is. Actualy the pack was pretty easy, it was about 100 yards to a closed road and we dragged them downhill from there maybe 1/2 mile total. Lots of guys went past me and the buck while I waited for him to come out. They didn't see us at all. Maybe they were heading to a work site IDK.

I
igot_it
also you can't see the point in the pic but he is a 4x4. Maybe I should quit hunting while I'm ahead?

H
Hendo30
Cool thread, thanks all for sharing and allowing me to live Vicariously through the pics and storys.

N
NavyBTret
Here's a pic of my Malheur 6x7 bull killed last Saturday.

G
GDBrown
"............. Maybe I should quit hunting while I'm ahead?"

Never quit! I did for 35 years and I have regretted it ever since. I love shooting sports just didn't like doing it alone......

Thanks for all the relies and the great photos of your success. This has helped me stay on track and I may yet get a buck this year. I out again this afternoon.

GD

O
Outdoor_Myers
I never hunted but I really want to. I guess I get confused by the regs here in Oregon I knew the Iowa ones. So say I want to do archery and get my sports pac liscense, does that mean I could also try to get a controlled hunt tag and be able to harvest two deer if I do get the controlled hunt? would both have to be archery or can i do archery and rifle. Say i get the early archery hunt and dont tag a deer could I then go and get the late season tag?