Should I, or shouldn't I?

S
Spydeyrch
So where I work as an overflow parking lot for extra vehicles. It gets filled up everyday with cars as there isn't enough parking. But right now, it is the over flow of the creek that runs right next to it!!! :lol:

About half of the parking lot has been evacuated. Some of the cars had to be towed out because thee flooded. The owners weren't fast enough to get to them.

But now that there is a running current in the parking lot and no cars, I am kind of tempted to pull out my fly rod and reel (always keep in in my car, never know when I might need or want it. hehehehe) and start practising on it.

Of course I would be mocked at and people would think that I am weird. But I already crossed that line when I started fly fishing .... :think: ...... didn't I? :shock:

hehahahahahehehehe

If I do it, I will take some pics and show you all.

Take care and don't get too wet out there. :D

-Spydey

F
FlyBum
If you do that make sure you have a 4wt switch rod! LOL

brandon4455
brandon4455
FlyBum said:
If you do that make sure you have a 4wt switch rod! LOL
:lol:

F
FlyBum
Ya, how duchy is that????

brandon4455
brandon4455
it's funny as hell thats what it is. talking about the 4wt switch joke btw not the thread. andrew, id say go for it. i saw people salmon fishing in the road wadign and in boats a few years ago and they caught fish LOL

B
beaverfan
Spydeyrch said:
So where I work as an overflow parking lot for extra vehicles. It gets filled up everyday with cars as there isn't enough parking. But right now, it is the over flow of the creek that runs right next to it!!! :lol:

About half of the parking lot has been evacuated. Some of the cars had to be towed out because thee flooded. The owners weren't fast enough to get to them.

But now that there is a running current in the parking lot and no cars, I am kind of tempted to pull out my fly rod and reel (always keep in in my car, never know when I might need or want it. hehehehe) and start practising on it.

Of course I would be mocked at and people would think that I am weird. But I already crossed that line when I started fly fishing .... :think: ...... didn't I? :shock:

hehahahahahehehehe

If I do it, I will take some pics and show you all.

Take care and don't get too wet out there. :D

-Spydey

You'd almost be dumb not to!

H
halibuthitman
fish are like women.... you look desperate if you cast to every one... let it go-

F
FlyBum
Man, you valley people scare me sometimes! If you catch anything it may be a few pieces of trash and maybe hypothermia. Make sure you wet-wade if you do while using your 4wt switch rod! That would be a sight to see. It will help pull out the dirty diaper with that 11 1/2 foot reach. At least your arm won't get tired as it would take all the fight out of that 8" trout that your 30 foot spay cast got you.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
halibuthitman said:
fish are like women.... you look desperate if you cast to every one... let it go-

Brad, that is just about the funniest post I have ever seen on here!!!

P.S. Go for it Sypdey! Maybe you can blot some ink on your tag.

P.P.S. We want roadside pics.

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
With 3 inches of rain here in Hillsboro today I could almost make out the seams in the gutter water. :lol:

L
lilsalmon
GDBrown said:
With 3 inches of rain here in Hillsboro today I could almost make out the seams in the gutter water. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

O
OnTheFly
I wouldn't do it because you run the risk of hooking up with a carp.

G
GDBrown
OnTheFly said:
I wouldn't do it because you run the risk of hooking up with a carp.

:D :lol: :D

S
Spydeyrch
Hahahaha, you guys crack me up!!!

Yeah, I would need to watch out for those carp wouldn't I!!

I will have to post some pics of it here shortly. Hahahahaha

-Spydey

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I probably wouldn't practice a lot of casting in the flooded parking lot because of all the oils and crap floating around in there - unless you're going to use a line you don't mind getting nasty, or don't mind replacing if it gets really, really nasty (not just talking carp-slime nasty either).