Short but sweet

nwkiller
Drifted the Willamette again in the evening. We got into tons of Cutthroats and Rainbows including a nice 15 inch rainbow. And this 22-23 inch native Bow, just shy of the legal 24 inch. Catching and releasing it felt way better.
3333333333.jpg
The fight was awesome, saw a great lane on the other side of the drift boat (my friends side) seeing that he was dealing with tackle and being the great friend I am, I said "your missin a nice run" and tossed my gear in.....I hear fish on, our buddy behind us yells..just after realizing he was in a fish, I'm hooked up.....this fish ain't coming down river. We slammed the brakes on the drift boat, after a nice aerial he works his way back to the front of the boat, we bring him over to a nice rock bar for some good old CPR! his tail had a crazy notch cut out of it, pretty much looked as if someone snipped off the tip of his tail fin....hard to see in the pic.

lilsalmon
nice lookin fish

TTFishon
Sweet fish!!!

mgman6000
I didn't know you could fish for trout in the Willamette is it lures only and c and r? Can you catch some from shore? Where would be a good spot to try?

bigsteel
nice fish nwkiller

bigsteel
mgman6000 said:
I didn't know you could fish for trout in the Willamette is it lures only and c and r? Can you catch some from shore? Where would be a good spot to try?

yes you can fish for trout in the willamette,,,,CHECK YOUR REGS,,,yes you can catch trout from the shore...pick a place and go explore

nwkiller
thanks guys.....oh and bigsteel said it best.....go explore! its half the fun

beaverfan
Beautiful fish! Sounds like a heck of a day on the water!

troutdude
NICE fish!

MGman...Check your reg book, may have different reg's for different sections.

Last edited:
Airs98
That looks like a great picture! If it only were a bit larger so we can see the nice fish in its full glory...

Good job!

nwkiller
thanks Beaverfan, troutdude, and airs98, ya i wish my friend would have done it on my camera, sometimes his makes it load on the computer funny (unclickable)

Top Bottom