Sandy Report

Irishrover
Irishrover
I hit he Sandy today. When I crossed Revenue Bridge the river was high and off color. I went down to the Dodge Park area and even though it was high I thouigh I'd give it a shot. Right now there is a couple feet of visibility and the river is runining over 12 feet. I left about 1:45 and called it a day. I don't think it is going to be the place to fish this weekend as there is a lot more rain in the forcast and the snow level is really high. Time to pack up and head to Belize ;) well maybe not!

S
STEELseeker4086
That is exactly what I would have predicted from the USGS but when it does finally level out I think that we are in business!

Irishrover
Irishrover
I had to go check it out today just to see it running at 19 feet. Up at Revenue Bridge the river is narrow, there was so much volume, the water was fighting itself to get through that passage. It was high chocolate brown, and on the rise.

At the Garbage hole the river was almost unrecognizeable. The river was running bank to bank there was no hole. The island down stream was gone totally under that brown water. Whole huge trees were ripping through the flow and the water was up eating away at the bank by the parking lot. There was a crowd of people there watching natures show.

Oxbow Park was closed.......the river is most likely over the road in several places.

At Dodge park there was no beech. The river was up to the boulders that set the line between the parking lot and the beech, and starting to enter the parking lot. I went down to where the boat ramp should have been and it was under water (all of it). You could not get to the lower end of the park because the Bull Run River had jumped its banks and was running accross the road and had that part of the park flooded.

Down at Dabney and Lewis&Clark park it was a similar scene, lots of water and lot of huge trees in the river. In the river was sure not the place to be today! Might be a while before it settles down. Ended the toure at the Troutdale General Store with a hot bowel of salmon chowder and a cup of coffee. It was a fun day.;)

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
damn, the rivers are getting bad. sounds like a gfun day though, goign around and checking out how bad it is.

brandon

D
Dbaum
I wanted to go look at Oxbow as I live about 5 minutes from the gate...thanks for the report, and I am glad that I live up the hill rather than down! I hope this all goes away soon...the "Ox" is where I do most of my Salmon/ Steelhead fishing...thanks again! DB.