Salmon fishing setup

H
Henry Sahuoun
I am planning on doing some salmon fishing and wanted to get a new low profile setup. I am planning on targetting mostly coho and chinook in cambat fishing situations with bobber and eggs. I was thinking about the lamiglas X-11 15-30 9'6" heavy for float, troll and plunk, and pairing with the shimano curado. I wanted to run it through here to make sure I was getting the right thing because I don't know enough about salmon fishing. If you have recomendations on setups in a simular price range, I would love to hear them. Also what shimano curado model should I get. Thanks

LX 96 HC-GH​

Casting Call
Casting Call
Just let me say this. Lamies are now made in China. Go to ur local shop and see what reel feels best with ur new rod purchase. GL Tony 10%er

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Shimano curados are great reel, it’s what I run for steelhead. The only thing that might limit you is the line capacity of the curado. Another good option in that price point is the shimano Calcutta. I’ve heard very mixed reviews on the X-11 rods. I’ve become a big fan of the okuma SST rods and have heard nothing but good about the okuma guide select pros

H
Henry Sahuoun
O. mykiss said:
Shimano curados are great reel, it’s what I run for steelhead. The only thing that might limit you is the line capacity of the curado. Another good option in that price point is the shimano Calcutta. I’ve heard very mixed reviews on the X-11 rods. I’ve become a big fan of the okuma SST rods and have heard nothing but good about the okuma guide select pros
I have heard that the curado is the best low profile for salmon. What model of SST do you recomend? All the rods between 9-10 seem too heavy. I like the price of the okuma cascade pro from bimart.

Last edited: