Salmon fall run!

S
Steelheader4Life
jtadak said:
This is also great advice! I know it's still hot but I'm very tempted to the Nestucca seeing the kings that have been pulled out of the exact spot I go to!

The only Kings you'd be catching on the Nestucca right now are old springers. Especially up by Beaver...give it a week or two and hit the tidewater in PC. There's still plenty of summers that could keep you busy while you are waiting.

S
Steelheader4Life
Steelheader4Life said:
The only Kings you'd be catching on the Nestucca right now are old springers. Especially up by Beaver...give it a week or two and hit the tidewater in PC. There's still plenty of summers that could keep you busy while you are waiting.

And it's closed for Salmon above the Cloverdale bridge right now!:)

Reactions: jtadak
J
jtadak
Steelheader4Life said:

Hmm. Where exactly do I do that? I realize Pacific City but you'll have to forgive me for being some what of a noob in salmon fishing around there.

S
Steelheader4Life
jtadak said:
Hmm. Where exactly do I do that? I realize Pacific but you'll have to forgive me for being some what of a noob in salmon fishing around there.

There's a few spots in tidewater (Pacific City) that can be productive early in the season. I got my first Fall Nook last year during the last week of August but it doesn't get consistent until about mid September. There's the guardrail hole on the left as you come into PC (there will be some rigs with trailers there because it is a boat launch), the point which is Bob Straub Park and also a boat launch, or the bridge hole which right on the left as you cross the bridge to get to the park. Summers are still up and down the river but the bite has been tough with the extremely low and warm water. Early morning and late evenings have been producing fish for me.

J
jtadak
Steelheader4Life said:
There's a few spots in tidewater (Pacific City) that can be productive early in the season. I got my first Fall Nook last year during the last week of August but it doesn't get consistent until about mid September. There's the guardrail hole on the left as you come into PC (there will be some rigs with trailers there because it is a boat launch), the point which is Bob Straub Park and also a boat launch, or the bridge hole which right on the left as you cross the bridge to get to the park. Summers are still up and down the river but the bite has been tough with the extremely low and warm water. Early morning and late evenings have been producing fish for me.

Sweet! I'm there!

F
fishaddict427
So is tillamook jettie or fort stevens any good for salmon fishing right now?

T
troutmasta
DrTheopolis said:
Oversight on my part. I rarely hit the Sandy, but I understand the coho don't get nearly as bas a case of lockjaw as their Clack brethren.

Last year running bobber and eggs, the water was a tad high and a little chocolatte. I ran my bobber with triple threat eggs against the bank i was standing on, which was above a ledge. As my drift was done I was reeling in and I got snagged up. With in 2 seconds my snag came to the surface and It was a coho gnawing on my setup like one of those alligator gar in harriet...

but seriously It really was a ho still actively biting my eggs abocve the surface. Crazy! If I wasn't so in Ahh I wouldve crackered him and jerked it out of his mouth.

But no, I hesitated just long enough for him to swallow it all. Bonk. Bleed. BBQ

Thank you baby Jesus.