Salmon derby today at Siuslaw?

K
kwikfisher
Sounds like a real cluster @$&#!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I was thinking of fishing by the barge in my kayak, where the river is narrow, just trolling around in a circle and creating a floating no-wake zone...:lol::lol::lol:

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Where is the heavy rain and wind when you need it!!!

C
cabinetguy
Lotta cashed in 401k's out there.

S
SLEDME
No 401k money spent on my boat.My boat was bought with cash saved and earned from hard work.My alumaweld is only 18' but i can assure you i do everything possible to avoid creating wakes for smaller boats.I have been on the Siuslaw for over 25 years and yes there are some idiots out there but overall most do what they can to be courteous.The boats with autopilot (or whatever its called) that steer the boat really are annoying when trolling as i found out last weekend.

R
rippin fish lips
SLEDME said:
No 401k money spent on my boat.My boat was bought with cash saved and earned from hard work.My alumaweld is only 18' but i can assure you i do everything possible to avoid creating wakes for smaller boats.I have been on the Siuslaw for over 25 years and yes there are some idiots out there but overall most do what they can to be courteous.The boats with autopilot (or whatever its called) that steer the boat really are annoying when trolling as i found out last weekend.

I would say a lot of thise people are fishing guides

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
SLEDME said:

locals here aren't the issue and most the guides are fine, my concern this year is with a batch of new big fiberglass boats that are better suited to bigger water (Florida Keys, San Diego, Winchester Bay...)...some of these boat operators do not seem to understand that their heavier boats draw more water and toss out 3-4' wakes when taking OFF or coming down from speed, they need to allow more distance from smaller boats but most of them follow the same sort of distance-speed etiquette as the normal NW aluminum fishing boats...

FYI- 401K money is peoples money that they earned by hard work and saved.

C
cabinetguy
Sorry I posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!