Rumor to stomp

N
nwkiller
1. has anyone heard about fall creek res, dexter, and lookout getting drained so they can work on the dam this summer?

troutdude
troutdude
I'd call the Army Corps of Engineers to start. If they aren't in charge, they'll likely know who else to call.

F
fishfinatic
i

F
fishfinatic
The other day i went to dexter, i had heard the damn was on and gushing. standing by those tubes they recycle fish in was like a jettie. While i was speaking to the hatchery keeper he introduced me to the army corp engineer that was working with the damn. apparently the damn gear cracked and it was gushing out way more than they intended. i dont know why they would do any work like that but i guess its there business. There doing a ton of work on hood river and they made sure fisherman knew years in advance

T
Thuggin4Life
Call the corps. they nevver mentioned anything like that to me this winter only that they were worried the lakes wouldn't get to full pool. so they held back a tone of water and now with the rain we got they had to open them up a bit and are rivers have been in bad shape.

J
JeannaJigs
I read somewhere, I can't recall where, that they need to do work on all of them, something about the flood fields? or something...I'll see if I can find further info.

N
nwkiller
that would be a lot of help jeanna

N
nwkiller
thanks JJ

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats good to know. Now i need to compare these levels to full pool levels.