Rood Bridge pikeminnows

B
bubs
Had some fun action on a wacky rigged Senko this morning on the Tualatin at Rood Bridge park. Hooked one big largemouth but lost him, and landed a handful of BIG pikeminnows. One I was afraid might break my pretty light action pole lifting it out of the water, had to have been 6-7 lbs. Although I got a couple at the obvious spots, the best action was bushwhacking into a hole that's just downstream from the big wastewater effluent area (follow the outer-most or right-most loop trail to this area). I know pikeminnows aren't most people's top choice, but thought I'd post this report because who cares, it was fun! If you're in the area give it a shot before the 'season' ends. I know there's more bass in there too, just couldn't pin them down today.

B
Big3d
I always enjoy catching a fish. Congrats, glad you had a good time!

S
sapo
Wow! The Tualatin is pretty small at RB park. 6-7 lbs?! That's like small coho salmon size lol! I'll have to go try it out.

B
bubs
Funny you mention that, when I was describing it to a friend I said yea it was the exact same size as that little coho hen you caught last year!

Those fish get big in the Tualatin - if you go to the north end of Jackson Bottom Wetlands (connects to the Tualatin during times of high water) right now, there's about 20 big ones trapped out in the last vestiges of the north end lake there wallowing around, kind of cool...a little depressing.

But yea, the river is small there at Rood Bridge, and very low right now, so I was a little surprised to see any there bigger than the trout-ish size ones I usually run into, let alone that big. I did notice the action disappeared in each hole after catching a couple, so not much room in there for too many of them I guess.

S
sapo
Wow thats a huge fish! I definitely need to get out there..but I think the prospect of coho in the lower Tualatin will lure me down there haha.