Rogue River - Huntley Park gravel bank - 4/27/12

B
backlash
From 6am to 11:30am not a single bent rod... then, in a matter of 2 minutes, two Springers were on. I had to get my stuff out of the water for the guy fighting this 20+ pounder. The other one had to be over 25 pounds.

Never thought about it before, but having two hobbies (1) Fishing; (2) Photography do work well together sometimes although the former is a lot more fun that the latter.

Best Fishes
Backlash

Last edited by a moderator:
E
eat, sleep, fish
Awesome picture!

E
eugene1
Yeah, that shot is sick!!!

B
billfisher
Nice clear shot! Thanks!

D
dtikey
perfect...I love this photo

B
backlash
Now then.... I won't say this ISN'T me holding the fish... and I won't say it IS....

Hint: I did NOT catch any fish the day that picture was taken!:think:

Last edited by a moderator:
A
agapeliving
Great high speed picture! How far up river is Huntley Park gravel bank?

B
backlash
The park is owned and operated by the Port of Brookings. It is 7 miles upstream from the bridge on 101 off the South Bank River Road - signage will point to the entrance.

R
Razz
backlash said:
The park is owned and operated by the Port of Brookings. It is 7 miles upstream from the bridge on 101 off the South Bank River Road - signage will point to the entrance.

Is this park owned by Brookings Port and not Gold Beach? Now if you we're holding this fish Backlash does that mean you we're PLUNKING?Tell me it was not:naughty: SO.

B
backlash
My Bad..... Port of GOLD BEACH for sure operate the park.

No... I was not holding the fish

Yes... I was "plunking" - that's the only technique I know for Springers and was the only one being used when I was there :think:

F
fredaevans
backlash said:
My Bad..... Port of GOLD BEACH for sure operate the park.

No... I was not holding the fish

Yes... I was "plunking" - that's the only technique I know for Springers and was the only one being used when I was there :think:

Woozer! You had me going for more than a moment. Know the Chetco like the 'back of my hand' and the location was a 'Say What????' That aside, with all the high water (just today, no kidding, back to the 3K cfs) us 'fly guys' were out of business. At three 'K' and heavy sink tips (not to mention the fly) we're back in business.

fae

R
Razz
Sat a few fish we're taken.