Rod storage vertical or horizontal ?

P
pinstriper
Casting Call said:
wise choice. now put wheels on them. Tony

Ya and I will position them perpendicular to the wall for mor access.

my2labs
my2labs
pinstriper said:
Ok, vertical it is. Just ordered four of these.

Four of them? Thats a lot of rods man!

P
pinstriper
Well, I took inventory and it was over 40. Then I figured these racks, they pack the rods in pretty close, but I think with reels on they will hold fewer. So....yeah. At half-density it's only room for 48 rods, which I am pretty much at.

my2labs
my2labs
Collecting rods is not a hard thing to do!

I did the math and assumed you were approaching 100 rods, which would have been very impressive, especially considering the fact that you are still married!

Reactions: fromthelogo
P
pinstriper
It's not that hard.

• rods.jpg
Reactions: fromthelogo
C_Run
C_Run
I've only got 32. I don't feel too bad now.

my2labs
my2labs
23 here.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Depends on the rod, always did vertical for bottom rigs (Penn Senators, Shimano Tiagras, etc...) And across the ceiling with inshore and freshwater stuff.

I'm pretty tall and tend to go higher with storage than most people, just have to keep a step stool around.

Be careful doing the ceiling, don't leave 1oz+ lead anywhere, it'll eventually sag the rod blank, or fall and hit you at some point.

P
pinstriper
The ceiling is 12’.

Yeah, not gonna do the ceiling when I have 16’ of virgin wall space. Going vertical in the aforementioned racks.

Reactions: NKlamerus
P
pinstriper
IMG_0110.jpg IMG_0106.jpg IMG_0108.jpg IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0116.jpg IMG_0098.jpg

Reactions: my2labs
P
pinstriper
I ditched the woodstove on account of I can’t sit shivering for two hours waiting for it to heat the joint up. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Tony, it won’t let me reply to your PM.

Casting Call
Casting Call
I bow to you for all the work you have done. I like it better than mine. So is the wood burner now an anchor? Selling it? Tony

P
pinstriper
It has been rehomed to someone who promised he would not hook it up in contravention of air quality regulations.

P
pinstriper
I am merely the visionary on the project. Having most of the work done. I am still working so no time.