Recommendations for fishing around Neskowin

K
K406
I'll be spending some time in Neskowin (between Pacific City and Lincoln City) this weekend. I don't have much experience near the coast, and have never been to Neskowin. I've been looking in to where to go find some steelheading on a river in that area, and would like some recommendations. I was thinking maybe just the Wilson on the way out, but would like to try someplace I've never been. Thanks in advance for any input. Pints up!

K

brandon4455
brandon4455
Go fish. The lower nestucca. Cloverdale, jacksons drift, and 101. Sometimes it's packed but easy access points for sure.

D
DrTheopolis
2nd on the Nestucca. A few minutes from Neskowin (where I spent a great deal of time as a younger man).

There's also the Salmon River, a few minutes south. If given the choice, I'd probably go with the Tuc.

M
markasd
Low water on the Salmon, slow for steel this year. Nestucca is a good bet, that river just isn't fun for me. If you haven't fished the Siletz, head up there. It's a rather easy drive from Lincoln City and by far a more appealing stream than the river north.. some bruisers up there as well.

Good luck - let us know how ya do.

madasahab
madasahab
K406 said:
I'll be spending some time in Neskowin (between Pacific City and Lincoln City) this weekend. I don't have much experience near the coast, and have never been to Neskowin. I've been looking in to where to go find some steelheading on a river in that area, and would like some recommendations. I was thinking maybe just the Wilson on the way out, but would like to try someplace I've never been. Thanks in advance for any input. Pints up!

K

tough times all over, but I would say the nestucca or siletz...pray for rain!

K
K406
Thanks for the direction, but unfortunately didn't get time to do any fishing; was at a beach house for a friends birthday so fist ended up doing stuff with the friend types. Sunny and 60 degrees in January was hard to beat though! I did some reading up on the Nestucca and Siletz and plan on exploring them soon, maybe even the Nestucca a little bit on Sunday before heading back to town to watch some football game that day. Will post pictures if I can make it happen. If not Sunday it will be soon enough. Thanks again for the suggestions...

K