Rainbows at the Expo ponds

C
colbypearson
Combat Chuck said:
I think these are the Jackson County Expo Ponds in Central Point... ya know.. the one that a piranha was caught in. ;) hehe

it was a pacu and i call that my home water LOL

C
colbypearson
Throbbit _Shane said:
Kokanee power of oregon is holding a clean up event of the ponds this saturday at 8am. im gonna try to make it, the ponds are filthy.

i hope they dont take out much more shore line cover for the project

Last edited:
H
Hawk
colbypearson said:
i hope they dont take out much more shore line cover for the project

Throbbit said that JUNE3,2010 Bro.

:lol::lol::lol:
:cool:

C
colbypearson
Hawk said:
Throbbit said that JUNE3,2010 Bro.

:lol::lol::lol:

theyre still doing it...... i may have watned to say too much more :(

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
theyre still doing it...... i may have watned to say too much more :(

I fished it with throbbit right around that time I feel for ya colby !! they just ruined the delta ponds here in eugene knocked down 90% of the shoreline cover they had been my home waters for the last 5 years or so! Guess I got my private ones just in time Whew . Gonna start plannin a dock for the backyard one and introduce a bunch of structure to the tractor pond get them ready for next season. At least these ones wont be ruined by a bunch of parks and rec bird watchers!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Trout fishing is fast and furious at the expo. I slayed them with worms and a spinner. They were hitting anything and everything though. Go get em!

Reactions: Ntofishing and Hawk
H
Hawk
Throbbit _Shane said:
Trout fishing is fast and furious at the expo. I slayed them with worms and a spinner. They were hitting anything and everything though. Go get em!

Great Job Bro.
:D:D:D
:clap::clap:

N
Ntofishing
Throbbit _Shane said:

Awesome!! Thanks for the info. I guess Ill have to make it over there after work one of these days.

T
Throbbit _Shane
they actually stocked the pond next to the parking lot this time.

E
eat, sleep, fish
Throbbit _Shane said:
they actually stocked the pond next to the parking lot this time.

So it's not the one right next to the road that runs around back like usual? Im also guessing the dumped the large brooders in after the sportsman show like usual?

Hopefully I can get out there sometime this week. :)

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im sure the one they usually stock has trout in it too. IDK what they did with the brooders.

D
desertrat
sorry to bring up a dead thread but anyone been fishin at expo lately ive gone a few times in the last month no action the first 2 times and the last time just a bites no hook ups been tryin blue foxes gold and red,rooster tails black red,green black,a few rainbow lures,fatty worms,lure worms,salmon eggs,powerbait just about everything fishin for trout anyone have any luck out there?

E
eat, sleep, fish
desertrat said:
sorry to bring up a dead thread but anyone been fishin at expo lately ive gone a few times in the last month no action the first 2 times and the last time just a bites no hook ups been tryin blue foxes gold and red,rooster tails black red,green black,a few rainbow lures,fatty worms,lure worms,salmon eggs,powerbait just about everything fishin for trout anyone have any luck out there?

Which pond have you been fishing? Generally only the one that the fair grounds access road runs along is the only one that gets stocked. Although, the one nearest the parking area also receives a few. It's also been since last fall that it was officially stocked I believe. The time is coming up really quickly for it to be stocked though, and right after the sportsmans show it does receive the fish from the tanks. That's a great time to catch a monster.

D
David Shurr
Jackson County Sportsman and Outdoor Recreation Show is now over! Where are the fish.

O
ohiojarhead
If you want good eating size (by filet) crappie, if they are spawning, they will hit jigs with worm under bobber best from watercraft or from the Bear Creek side. When not spawning, best at night with watercraft. Try trolling a wormed jig. Use your second rod license and cast and retrieve another. This is for the FRONT POND near the parking area. There are also huge largemouth bass in that pond. Better at night with leeches or big worms.

Trout in the larger back pond, during the winter, can often be found hiding in that (scummy) offshoot toward the road. These are usually holdover stockers but bigger than 9, more often than not. In that back pond, the crappie and bass usually hang in the far end with good cover. (Who knows how good that will be when they finish their project and remove all that cover!). A watercraft is way helpful here also.

PROBLEM: Need to get your boat from parking lot to water. Check maps.

Bluegill are in all of the ponds, including the amphitheater pond.

My experience.

Rumor has it that the just over event at expo dumps their tank fish into the back pond every year.

Pat