Question: biggest springer ever?

B
bigfootfish
When I was talking to Greg the manager at Marion Forks Hatchery earlier this week I asked him what's the biggest Spring Chinook he knows of caught out of the North Santiam. He did not hesitate to say 33 pounds. Anyone know of any bigger Springers than 33 pounds out of the North?

Troutski
Troutski
No, but I would like one of those for myself...can you hook me up :cool:.

Chuck

S
SantiamDrifter
I heard of a 42#er two years back. But thats all hear say.

B
bigfootfish
50 pounder

50 pounder

A friend of mine who lives up by Gates knows an older Russian angler who claims he caught a 50 pound Springer up below Big Cliff a week or so ago. Hard to believe that one. But you never know.....we all hear odd stories about Russian anglers....

R
rippin fish lips
bigfootfish said:
A friend of mine who lives up by Gates knows an older Russian angler who claims he caught a 50 pound Springer up below Big Cliff a week or so ago. Hard to believe that one. But you never know.....we all hear odd stories about Russian anglers....

well dude, there is more bigger 5 year fish coming/came in this year. They (ODFW) say that quite a few of these fish are above average size this year, along with the steelhead. The steelhead are just BRUTES this year. And i know of a 50 lber caught earlier this year on the willy here in town... but like u said, you never know. I think there is a lot of bigger fish out there that a lot of ppl dont get into.

B
bigfootfish
rippin fish lips said:
well dude, there is more bigger 5 year fish coming/came in this year. They (ODFW) say that quite a few of these fish are above average size this year, along with the steelhead. The steelhead are just BRUTES this year. And i know of a 50 lber caught earlier this year on the willy here in town... but like u said, you never know. I think there is a lot of bigger fish out there that a lot of ppl dont get into.

Wow. RFL. I hadn't heard about the fish being bigger than average this year. Stands to reason though what with the Springer run being much later than normal. Thanks for the info.