Provo River Utah

G
GDBrown
I fished with my son for a few hours on the middle section of the Provo the other day and it was beautiful. There were only a few others on the water while we were there and most appeared to be city slickers with guides.
We didn't get any hooks to stay but they were rising to everything but what was in my fly box. My son is trying to learn how to swing streamers and I was using drys or nymphs under a bobber. The best part of the trip was that my arm did not hurt at all! That gives me hope for a good trip home.

GD

E
eggs
Great news on the arm and quality time with your son! That provo river looks nice.

G
GDBrown
It's one of the best places in the whole Mountain West, beside the Madison that is.

GD

Reactions: OnTheFly
B
Bassleg
It's best to use worms on the Provo River .....heeeeeee

L
lilsalmon
I missed this thread Gene. Glad you got out with your son.....I agree with you about the Madison...course I never fished it but it is on my bucket list. Can't wait to see you at Trillium. Have you figured out how to tow two driftys?

G
GDBrown
Back for more

Back for more

I'll only be bringing one!

I went back to the Provo again today for a couple of hours and landed two nice Browns:cool:, one one a beadhead prince nymph and the other on a size 18 dry that I have no idea what the name is. I have photos of both as soon as I can download them I will.

SubmergedBrown.jpg
SubmergedBrown2.jpg

I can hear the thunder rolling outside again tonight.:shock:

Lightning.jpg

GD

:yay::yay::yay:Trillium here we come.:dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
yeehaw...good job

Reactions: bigsteel
B
bigsteel
awesome pictures gene,,good to see you getting out

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good for you,Gene,getting out there and enjoying the water with your son. Those beautiful fish are an added bonus to make sure you go back. lol