Project: building my first aluminum boat. Pic heavy !

H
hawgslayer
We put the old girl through the paces over the long weekend. Fished all the incoming tides all 3 days Including about 4 hours offshore in the pond. All in all we hooked into 9 fish. Landed 5 of them and took home 3 really nice nooks. The other 2 were coho that we hooked inside the jaws. 243512_439244156117024_620922412_o.jpgIMG_2973.jpgIMG_5257.jpg

J
JeannaJigs
Hells yes! A proper christening.

T
Toyracer38
Gratz, nice catch! Very impressed! So just wondering, how much did it cost to build? Also when can I put my order in for a boat??? :) Wish I had your skills! I've been proud of lures I've made that caught fish, but dang, building a boat is something else!

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I'm impressed with the fact that you saw it through and completed it. After doing my boat restoration I can't even imagine building one lol. Not enough Xanax in the world to get me through that.

M
mikeredding
I saw you out on the pond last weekend and it looked good!!

H
hawgslayer
Toyracer38 said:
Gratz, nice catch! Very impressed! So just wondering, how much did it cost to build? Also when can I put my order in for a boat??? :) Wish I had your skills! I've been proud of lures I've made that caught fish, but dang, building a boat is something else!

Seeing as how we didn't have to purchase a motor this time around it was actually really inexpensive considering what we ending up with. All said and done we are pretty close to 9k, but mind you that's completely set up with the controls inside finished all the aluminum, and electronics.

H
hawgslayer
JeannaJigs said:
Yeah I'm impressed with the fact that you saw it through and completed it. After doing my boat restoration I can't even imagine building one lol. Not enough Xanax in the world to get me through that.

It was a challenging project to say the least, but crazy rewarding to be bonking fish in something you made. The DB restoration turned out awesome by the way. I'm sure I'll see it floating down the slay a time or 2 this winter.

H
hawgslayer
mikeredding said:
I saw you out on the pond last weekend and it looked good!!

Hey thanks Mike! How'd you guys fair our there ? We heard lots of mixed radio reports on Saturday. We had 2 nice fish come unbuttoned on us and we headed inside for a few more.

M
mikeredding
hawgslayer said:
Hey thanks Mike! How'd you guys fair our there ? We heard lots of mixed radio reports on Saturday. We had 2 nice fish come unbuttoned on us and we headed inside for a few more.

Well I guess I never responded to you. Sorry. What kind of lights did you put on your tower? I am looking at Rigid Industries LED's. Not quite sure how to run the wiring into the wheel house yet. Don't really want to go through the roof but looks to be the best option as far as cosmetics go.

Last edited:
S
Scott M
Impressive skills!! Looks like she fishes just fine!!