Pppperch

B
bythesea
Hey,,c-run see I still got it ..I just about forgot to take a pic....FISH-ON!!!!:peace:

DSCN0369.jpg

C_Run
C_Run
Ha Ha! That Inversion looks great....and the fish ain't bad either. By the way, we were at the south coast last week and went perch fishing for the first time this year at one of my spots. The water was all brown and full of little seaweed scraps. After about an hour of boredom we decided going for beers was a better use of our time. Glad to see you're not forced to eat halibut all the time now.

C
CESAR503
I been tryin to shoot for sea perch don't know were to start....nice fillets u got there

C
coyo7e
Oh man am I jealous! ;) I came out to yachats on Thursday and the water was so rough and full of junk I kept getting tangled, on top of not having any experience or knowing where to try. Went clamming this morning and got a ton and heard about an especially good spot to try near Waldport as we were leaving, but I'm sun/wind burned enough I am not up for trying for more perch today.

I stopped by The Sportsman and picked up some squid, but the guy working in there was a crusty SOB who answered everything I asked by flying into a rant about sea lions..

bythesea, would you mind sharing any tips or locations you'd recommend someone try for perch next time? If you're leery about your special spots I understand but I would really appreciate some tips on where to try to go next time or maybe tomorrow before I head back to Eugene if I'm not too burnt.

B
bythesea
coyo7e said:
Oh man am I jealous! ;) I came out to yachats on Thursday and the water was so rough and full of junk I kept getting tangled, on top of not having any experience or knowing where to try. Went clamming this morning and got a ton and heard about an especially good spot to try near Waldport as we were leaving, but I'm sun/wind burned enough I am not up for trying for more perch today.

I stopped by The Sportsman and picked up some squid, but the guy working in there was a crusty SOB who answered everything I asked by flying into a rant about sea lions..

bythesea, would you mind sharing any tips or locations you'd recommend someone try for perch next time? If you're leery about your special spots I understand but I would really appreciate some tips on where to try to go next time or maybe tomorrow before I head back to Eugene if I'm not too burnt.

special spot...siltcoos beach it's close & I catch fish there, so I don't really go any where else.over the hill,look north there's a sign I fish right before it,2 hours before high tide,sandshrimp,5oz pyramid,there's a pic of my set-up page-4 (redtails) There's a lot of good advice and locations on the OFF about surf fishing...good luck :thumb:

C_Run
C_Run
September. Even my wife can catch a p p p perch!

ZGZ2f2a.jpg

She got three and I got seven. Got to learn how to filet and not "butcher" those things.

B
bythesea
C_Run said:
September. Even my wife can catch a p p p perch!

ZGZ2f2a.jpg

She got three and I got seven. Got to learn how to filet and not "butcher" those things.

way to go :thumb: and grads to your wife,,,that looks like a really nice perch they get real big this time of the year they are tough to clean I do it just like a salmon , but on a lot smaller scale..where did you go?? we went over the bar yesterday for some silvers.....FISH-ON!!!!

C_Run
C_Run
Most of them were good sized and not squirting out the babies this time of year. Sorry I cannot divulge the top secret location which was revealed to me by (banned user), but think south....way south but still in Oregon.

B
bythesea
C_Run said:
Most of them were good sized and not squirting out the babies this time of year. Sorry I cannot divulge the top secret location which was revealed to me by (banned user), but think south....way south but still in Oregon.

It's all good CJ :thumb:............TIGHT LINES !!