Poaching

B
beaverfan
Not only that but several of the troopers I have come across haven't even been familiar with the regs.

O
OnTheFly
carl hungis said:
it would be a lot cheaper to just buy your fish at safeway if that is all you cared about

Hi carl, yeah that's mostly what I do because, you're right, it's cheaper. We often buy snapper, halibut, cod, and salmon. I'm pretty much stocked up though. After a recent trip to Ketchikan, I'm still working on the 80lbs. of fillet I brought home.

J
jathrtn
Native!

Native!

All i can say is that i like to play by the rules! If i hook a native and land it, im throwin it back because of the simple fact that it is the law, and it is in place to protect the native runs; otherwise if they allowed ppl to keep a native than the native runs would deminish! I just like to get out, nad i like the hunt of fishing. I like walking up and down the river banks, and hunting the fish. If your into keeping native fish go to the trask,kilches, or wilson river during the fall chinook runs.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Just make sure you read the regulation book. I know i can't afford one of those tickets.

C
chrishophoto
If it's all about putting a fish on the table, go to the store and buy one. If you want to go fishing, go fishing, but respect the laws that are there to keep the rivers alive. If you can't do this, please stay at home.

I hope that anyone poaching gets nailed, and frankly, I'd be pleased to see the fines for this increased. Blaming a government agency out of frustration based on ignorance is nothing more than a cop-out.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
the government has dropped the ball and addmits it even in the article and the biologist will tell you the "native run" is no where near endangered it more like the opposite.

M
mlw
Thuggin4Life said:
the government has dropped the ball and addmits it even in the article and the biologist will tell you the "native run" is no where near endangered it more like the opposite.

All native runs are a fraction of what they were 50-100 years ago, just because there are some native fish doesn't mean we should kill them. That they were over fished and habitat destroyed for a couple generations, doesn't mean we are entitled to that behavior. Poaching hurts everyone's fishing.
Michael

T
troutmasta
Thuggin4Life said:
good thing I don't break the law anymore but when they run my name I bet it keeps them on the lookout.

Come on man we live in Oregon. And the defention of thug is: a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer. Maybe you should change it to fishin for life of something. I bet you do that more than murder........ Bye again for a while.:lol:

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
I love catchin nates . The way a nate slams a cork is unmistakable . The last steel I caught was a nate , and I knew it was a nate the second it pounded that cork and shot straight out of the water like a rocket . Damm thats nice . Oh , dont get me wrong , I like to take some thing home also . But its not all about "TAKING" . Giving some smoked fish to my neighbors is cool and they dig it also . But , just to catch a fish ? Give me nates all day . Its not all about what you can take . I think Paul McCartney said it best : "And in the end , the fish you take , is equal to the fish you make." Or somthing like that , Im not sure really what he said , or meant for that matter .

T
Thuggin4Life
troutmasta said:
Come on man we live in Oregon. And the defention of thug is: a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer. Maybe you should change it to fishin for life of something. I bet you do that more than murder........ Bye again for a while.:lol:

You have no idea what kind of person I used to be and there is a small part of me that still is at heart a thug. Being the way I was helped mold me to be who I am and having the past to reflect on helps me in my everyday life and my values and stive for success and being a respectable part of society. I am very lucky I am able to enjoy things like the outdoors instead of prison love and 3 meals a day in a concrete box. I used to steal from stores and just about anywhere else I seen something I wanted, skip school, all kinds of drugs and alcohol sales and use, break into/steal cars, rob houses, kick doors in, get into fights, get around, and probably some things I shouldn't mention on the forum. As I got older I realized my life was going nowhere and cleaned my act up got back into fishing and try to contribute to society and stay away from all the people I used to know. It was hard at first but life is great and even better when I see someone I used to run with and try to not bumb into them and the shady things they are about. I might not agree with all the laws but I try to abide them. So before we start calling each other names ask yourself if you believe you are the master of trout or just a guy who fishins for them? maybe you should change your name to guywholikestofish4trout. And anyone without any ghetto in them wouldn't say masta they would say master. maybe you need a lesson in ebonics? Good luck in your fishing adventures this year and may you eat/catch more fish than the year before.

T
troutmasta
Masta is my E-mail. Master was already taken. Its an E-mail address. No thanks on the Ebonics lessons though. I myself have a checkered past and have spent years begind bars in multiple states. And, as you claim to have, I myself have used to it to become stonger. However, part of recovery is not glamorizing your prior negitive behavior, also realizing what you can change. Its not necessary to remind us on a regular basis that you had a tough time as a kid and you want respect for that. Its cool. If you want to put it behind you......put it behind you. Also, I am absolutley 100% a mast(a)(er) of trout. No hard feelings of course.:)

as for the poaching topic state laws are there because in our society the majority of people has elected officials who belive this is the best for the eco system on a long term basis. Poaching is ABSOLUTLEY wrong at any time period.

B
beaverfan
You crack me up!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Yes i am a throbbit... lmao. since im already off topic, TM you like the trailerpark boys show? bubbles is great. i need to rewatch the shows sometime.

T
Thuggin4Life
troutmasta said:
Masta is my E-mail. Master was already taken. Its an E-mail address. No thanks on the Ebonics lessons though. I myself have a checkered past and have spent years begind bars in multiple states. And, as you claim to have, I myself have used to it to become stonger. However, part of recovery is not glamorizing your prior negitive behavior, also realizing what you can change. Its not necessary to remind us on a regular basis that you had a tough time as a kid and you want respect for that. Its cool. If you want to put it behind you......put it behind you. Also, I am absolutley 100% a mast(a)(er) of trout. No hard feelings of course.:)

as for the poaching topic state laws are there because in our society the majority of people has elected officials who belive this is the best for the eco system on a long term basis. Poaching is ABSOLUTLEY wrong at any time period.

Ok poaching is illegal and wrong but in the case of this article and subject I am compasinate to the fisherman. As for bragging and glamorizition having a screen name that I have had for years isn't much for glamorization. Now you trying to say I have no qualities of a thug and me defining my qualities of said term isn't glamorizing anything it was defense to me having the screen name. its not like i am some choir boy pretenting to be a gangster but even if i become a born again christain or buddist monk i will still use the screen name. and never claim to have been behind bars but should have may times and would be to this day i was caught doing half the things i have done. my time behind bars has been minimal. there would have been no reminder to anyone of my past had you no tryed to call me out. and like you said no hard feelings just trying to clarify some things.

J
joesnuffy
Dont' hijack the thread!!!!

This weekend I was hoping to bring a fish home for a friend. The only one that i landed was a "native" (most likely an unclipped hatchery fish) and I never gave a thought of keeping it.

I didn't even take a picture of the fish because I wanted it back in the water without any more stress then I'd alread caused it.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thuggin4Life said:
Ok poaching is illegal and wrong but in the case of this article and subject I am compasinate to the fisherman.

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
can't we all just get along ? no mudd slingin ? come on now . lets be friends . MASTA ? give THUG a hug . THUG ? hug MASTA back . come on now every one ! ! now lets have a GROUP HUGGGGG ! ! ! ! now , isn't that better ? yes , i knew it would be . by the way . law is law . rules is rules . regulations is regulations . dont poach . makes us all look bad . give me a hug to , i feel left out .

Last edited:
C
chrishophoto
Umm... I like flowers.

H
halibuthitman
jesus christ was surrounded by the hoodlums of his time.... and some of them were also fishermen....with nets:shock:

O
Outdoor_Myers
Ok I admit it...I built a time machine went back about 20 yrs ago and caught almost every native coho and chinook in the rivers and ate them all thus the low population we have today :( but they where so tastey!!!

P.S.

SOUP KITCHENS! FOOD STAMPS! Have to put meat on the table bunch of BS! more like lazy bums who dont want to work but have the joy of freedom to go fishing pft