Poachers at EE Wilson!

troutdude
troutdude
The trout pond at the E.E. Wilson Wildlife refuge, opens this Sunday (Feb. 1st). I just called the local ODFW office; and found out that they have busted POACHERS out there--as far back as last week! Dammit; poachers really chap my hide!!! I hope that they all got FAT tickets to pay!!!

The lake/pond, will be stocked this week. But, it WON'T be open until Sunday. Maybe I will go park my rig out there, on Saturday morning, and turn-in anyone that I witness fishing ILLEGALLY!

L
LuckyFisher
Yeah, that really sucks! I am thinking about taking the kids out there Sunday, but I'm guessing it is going to be a zoo.

L
LuckyFisher
Also, why would they have been fishing there last week when they are going to stock it this week? They drained the lake a bit ago, so unless they also stocked it before this week, there wouldn't have been any fish.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
LuckyFisher said:
Also, why would they have been fishing there last week when they are going to stock it this week? They drained the lake a bit ago, so unless they also stocked it before this week, there wouldn't have been any fish.

maybe poachers, in addition to being asshats, are stupid? just sayin'

B
Big3d
Roger, you are a wise one!

F
fishfinder
How do people sleep at night after turning someone in? Especially for stocked pellet-heads.
They must be very proud of themselves for doing the right thing. Why not just come up to the person and inform them of the regulations.
maybe its because they are jealous? Don't people have better things to do then driving around stocked ponds looking for poachers?
Maybe grabbing a bag and collecting all the trash would be more beneficial for the Ponds and the fish.

troutdude
troutdude
I sleep just fine. They DESERVE to be busted; or at least issued a warning IF they are breaking the effin' law! IGNORANCE is no excuse; just ask a game warden. They LITERALLY EXPECT you, to KNOW the law (BEFORE you hit water)! I've called the law before; and I will do it EVERY time that I see a violation! If you're going to break the law; you don't deserve any slack!

O
OnTheDrop
Pellet heads.... Lol

troutdude
troutdude
If that comment was a slam...

this thread has had nearly 30,000 views. So is it really fair, to slam people who enjoy this type of fishing? I think not. How about taking a higher road; and showing some respect instead?

O
OnTheDrop
Me? You talking to meeeeeeee? Lol. I just got a kick out of him using the term "Pellet Head". Haven't heard that one in a while.

Nothing wrong with targeting stocked trout, even if that's not my cup of tea. To each one's own.

I do have a slighttttttt problem with troopers being called out to man made fisheries, when they could be catching 'poachers' endangering Native runs.

Cheers

L
LuckyFisher
Even if it isn't the end of the world for folks to take stocked trout early, it's still a pretty jerk-ish thing to do. Like a guy blatantly cutting in line and not seeming to care about it. I love America, but we do have a ton of selfish people in this country.

troutdude
troutdude
LuckyFisher said:
Even if it isn't the end of the world for folks to take stocked trout early, it's still a pretty jerk-ish thing to do. Like a guy blatantly cutting in line and not seeming to care about it. I love America, but we do have a ton of selfish people in this country.

^^^ Ding Ding.

BTW, my parking there and taking names comments...were rhetorical. Not an actual plan.

S
SmallStreams
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I do have a slighttttttt problem with troopers being called out to man made fisheries, when they could be catching 'poachers' endangering Native runs.

Way I see it, these people might just as likely poach a native run if given the opportunity, so it's best to, er, educate them before they realize the opportunity.

Reactions: rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
SmallStreams said:
Way I see it, these people might just as likely poach a native run if given the opportunity, so it's best to, er, educate them before they realize the opportunity.

x2

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Do I think that native runs salmonids are more important than stocked rainbows...yes.
Do I still follow ALL the laws the ODFW and State of Oregon enforce...YES.
Like it or not a law is a law. If you can't even follow the simplest laws in Oregon that's pretty sad.

Reactions: rogerdodger
bass
bass
I don't know why people are up in arms about poaching. Now I preferred my eggs fried, but if other folks like theirs poached its no reason to call the police :)

troutdude
troutdude
LOL Always the one, to add a little welcomed levity!

I'll take mine scrambled please--and with bacon, and taters n' gravy!

J
JustMe
Yummmmm, bacon!:thumb:

U
Username
Never understood people's problem with poaching. I could never be mad at someone putting food on the table. I fish for sport and don't keep any so I myself feel like I shouldn't even have to buy a license, but its whatever.... Now people that shoot a deer, take the back strap and leave the rest. That'd the kind of poaching that bother's me.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Username said:
Never understood people's problem with poaching. I could never be mad at someone putting food on the table. I fish for sport and don't keep any so I myself feel like I shouldn't even have to buy a license, but its whatever.... Now people that shoot a deer, take the back strap and leave the rest. That'd the kind of poaching that bother's me.

I think you should care about having a good system of regulations, licensing, and enforcement for this simple reason: without them the resource would be gone.

it doesn't matter whether you fish to obtain a wild healthy source of protein or for sport and release every single fish that you hook, there would be nothing to fish for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom