Oxbow Park

M
masmith
I wanted to try the Sandy before the season is over, and I am free Saturday evening. So, I plan ongoing to Oxbow. Any suggestions regarding where to go, what to use etc..

Thanks.
 
M
mgdguy
masmith said:
I wanted to try the Sandy before the season is over, and I am free Saturday evening. So, I plan ongoing to Oxbow. Any suggestions regarding where to go, what to use etc..

Thanks.

I'd meet up with ya but that's my birthday and I'm being taken out for the evening....

There are tons of holes in the park. Stop at each spot and check them out! They are biting spinners, corkie and yarn, and eggs under float. Good luck!
 
M
masmith
Also, where can I get good firm eggs? Everything I have purchased lately has been terrible.
 
M
Mike123
mgdguy said:
I'd meet up with ya but that's my birthday and I'm being taken out for the evening....

There are tons of holes in the park. Stop at each spot and check them out! They are biting spinners, corkie and yarn, and eggs under float. Good luck!

They are biting? haha! You mean the few that are biting. :lol:
 
M
metalmania
masmith said:
Also, where can I get good firm eggs? Everything I have purchased lately has been terrible.

Most of the eggs you find in the stores are crap. Spinners and cork/yarn will be your best bet:D.
 
M
masmith
metalmania said:
Most of the eggs you find in the stores are crap. Spinners and cork/yarn will be your best bet:D.

Aren't there any that are servicable?
 
B
bigdog
Mike123 said:
They are biting? haha! You mean the few that are biting. :lol:

Yes they are biting we have been having pretty good luck with eggs lately out on the sandy. Just have to find the ones that want to hit something takes time and deducation. Need to spend more then just a couple hours out there then celling it a day when don't get in to fish the first hour or two you are there.

Good luck I might be out there sat hope to see you out there.
CJ
 
B
bigdog
metalmania said:
Most of the eggs you find in the stores are crap. Spinners and cork/yarn will be your best bet:D.

This is very true I'm far from a expert here but home cure seems to be the thing.
 
M
Mike123
bigdog said:
Yes they are biting we have been having pretty good luck with eggs lately out on the sandy. Just have to find the ones that want to hit something takes time and deducation. Need to spend more then just a couple hours out there then celling it a day when don't get in to fish the first hour or two you are there.

Good luck I might be out there sat hope to see you out there.
CJ

Haha yea that's what Im saying.. you got to find a biter. Not all the fish have their mouths wide open. You fishing Cedar I take it?
 
B
bigdog
Mike123 said:
Haha yea that's what Im saying.. you got to find a biter. Not all the fish have their mouths wide open. You fishing Cedar I take it?

Oh hell no I might make the cedar trip twice in a year. We have been hitting pipeline hole, girlscout hole, garbage and the holes around there. Thinking about looking a little lower in the morning here just haven't made up my mind yet. No I'm not a big fan of cedar to many people not enough fish or something like that.
 
M
masmith
bigdog said:
This is very true I'm far from a expert here but home cure seems to be the thing.

Not an option, what is the best brand to buy.
 
B
bigdog
masmith said:
Not an option, what is the best brand to buy.

Well then spinners and corkie yarn but there is a brand I here is ok can't remember the name though think it starts with a M but I could be wrong on that.
 
M
Mike123
bigdog said:
Oh hell no I might make the cedar trip twice in a year. We have been hitting pipeline hole, girlscout hole, garbage and the holes around there. Thinking about looking a little lower in the morning here just haven't made up my mind yet. No I'm not a big fan of cedar to many people not enough fish or something like that.

Dam I need to fish there again with someone who knows what they are doing.
I went there last weekend and saw ZILCH nada zero caught at garbage and all around dodge area. It was horrible.

Amerman's or Marie's are the only store bought eggs I'd use.
 
B
bigdog
Mike123 said:
Dam I need to fish there again with someone who knows what they are doing.
I went there last weekend and saw ZILCH nada zero caught at garbage and all around dodge area. It was horrible.

Amerman's or Marie's are the only store bought eggs I'd use.

Should try getting out there with youngbuck and myself one of these times when we go out there. We aren't no experts but always seem to get in to some fish.
 
Y
youngbuck307
Pulled one out of pipeline on eggs and one out of the next hole down... think its girlscout hole. on a brass spinner.... every time i have fished pipeline see fish taken out if not by me guy im fishing with... one time it was only 3 jacks but all season seen fish taken from there
 
kirkster
kirkster
bigdog said:
Oh hell no I might make the cedar trip twice in a year. We have been hitting pipeline hole, girlscout hole, garbage and the holes around there. Thinking about looking a little lower in the morning here just haven't made up my mind yet. No I'm not a big fan of cedar to many people not enough fish or something like that.

Hey bigdog, I'll give you the one on to many people at cedar creek. But not enough fish???? :think: Beings you only make two cedar trips a year And I know youv'e been there twice already for sure. Atleast make one more trip with me after the rains coming next week. I'm sure it will change your theory on not enough fish as were hiking out with a limit of fish and sore arms from the other countless fish we released. lol
 
Y
youngbuck307
ill join that group!!!!
 
kirkster
kirkster
Sounds good youngbuck, Im going to give CC a break till a couple good days of rain and the river is on the rise. So I'm thinking around next thursday. Or maybe sooner. But next time I plan on a CC trip Ill get in touch with ya.
By the way where are you and bigdog fishing at friday?
 
Y
youngbuck307
we havent fished it for a while!!! But we just fish that tail out right when you come down the trail.... and did ok....
 
kirkster
kirkster
are you talking about CC ? or where you are fishing tomorrow:think:
 

Similar threads

H
Replies
9
Views
1K
Fishpdx
F
P
Replies
3
Views
574
pcstock
P
E
Replies
15
Views
598
troutdude
troutdude
The Guides Forecast
Replies
0
Views
352
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
W
Replies
2
Views
637
4labs
4labs
Top Bottom