Only time will tell ......

S
Spydeyrch
So recently, since like about 2 months ago, I started having this small, barely unnoticable twitch. It started really small and slowly but surely has worked into something quite ...... :think: ....... embarrassing and quite a problem. It happens at work, home, sometimes in my sleep. My wife is disgusted with it and says that I need to get some help. She is worried it is a medical issue.

So being the good husband that I am, I decided to go and see my Doctor. We discussed a number of problems that could have led to it. Things such as stress, new addition to the family coming, age, medical roots, etc.

My doctor was able to witness the "twitch" and was actually quite worried. He said that he recommended a CAT scan asap. He said this kind of twitch comes from a neural problem stemming in the brain. It can be quite serious and requires some very precise and constant treatment. If I relapse, he said that it can be all consuming and that there is nothing he nor any medicine can do; that only time can cure it.

He said that he has seen grown men, marines, army, and lumber jacks break down and cry when they got the results. He asked me to brace myself for what ever the results may be.

So I headed into the hospital expecting the worse. I got into the MRI and laid there for a while as the machine hummed away scanning every cm of my brain.

After I was done, the doctor entered and said that he had bad news and good news. My wife was with me and she started to tear up a little.

The doctor said that he suspected the worst and he was right but that it wasn't as bad as it could be. He said the MRI only showed three of them in my brain. He said that 3 or 4 could be worse but that 3 still is an issue.

He recommended an aggressive treatment, one that would require much time and patience. He said that we could beat this if we stuck to the plan. My wife started crying and said that it wasn't fair. How could she handle the house and kids while I had to deal with this issue. She wished it was her in my place. What a loving wife I have. :D

So the doctor sent us home to think about the results.

I have decided to share them with you all because I think it is good to get support from friends and community.

So, I have to deal with this until it goes away. Something that will require a lot of time. So if you don't hear from me for a while, it is because I will be busy following through with my treatment regime.

Here are the results of my MRI:

fish_on_the_brain-1.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :lol:

I hope you all enjoyed that. My doctor said I have to spend more time fishing. The twitch is my casting arm seems to cast on it's own when I don't even have a rod in my hand. My wife said it wasn't fair that she has to watch the kids because I get to go fishing. And the three things in my brain where the fish!! I have had the twitch for about 2 months now, knowing that trout season is coming in a few days.

This was purely comical!! I hope I didn't offend anyone with it.

Enjoy your time on the water.

Trout season - T minus 9 days and counting!!!!!!!

Take care y'all

-Spydey

B
bryasch
That there was funny. I think I might have the same problem. 9 days 9 days 9 days

S
Spydeyrch
bryasch said:
That there was funny. I think I might have the same problem. 9 days 9 days 9 days

TOTALLY man!!! I just ordered like 240 flies and can't wait to get them!!! Man it couldn't come soon enough!!! hahahahahaaha

Good luck out there dude.

-Spydey

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
BRAT!! :naughty: :rolleyes: :D You really had me there...:lol: :lol: :lol:

S
Spydeyrch
Raincatcher said:
BRAT!! :naughty: :rolleyes: :D You really had me there...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahaha, :lol: Sorry Barb if I gave you a little scary. No hard feelings? :D

-Spydey

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Spydeyrch said:
Hahahaha, :lol: Sorry Barb if I gave you a little scary. No hard feelings? :D

-Spydey
Heck no, no hard feelings. I laughed too much to have hard feelings. Good one...:lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
You had me for a second! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O
OnTheFly
Fish on the brain. Good one. Now the big question is....how are you going to deal with it??? One of the best choices for therapy is found at the Deschutes!:dance:

Last edited:
S
Spydeyrch
OnTheFly said:
Fish on the brain. Good one. Now the big question is....how are you going to deal with it??? One of the best choices for therapy is found at the Deschutes!:dance:

Yes, that would be nice. I should plan something soon for the Deschutes. Currently, I have something planned with Brandon for the 28th. We are going to introduce fly fishing to a few friends of mine.Hopefully it will go well!!

-Spydey

troutdude
troutdude
I had a hunch, that I knew where that was headed. But, it was still VERY FUNNY!!!

At least you have taken the first step, and no longer deny that you indeed ARE ADDICTED! Now, there's only 11 steps to go: the first, on the 28th! It won't take long, to get through the other 10 steps. Hang in their brother; there's healing at the end of the twitch tunnel.

Good luck to you and your comrades at arms. <pun intended...LOL>

18406ej
18406ej
You had me figuring how long it might take me to drive up to Beaverton every few days or so to help out around the house. I was very happy with your results- I hate driving in Beaverton!