ODFW Website

P
PandaMan
It seems as though despite going into a new year, ODFW is up to their same garbage service. The website is a certifiable dumpster fire. You figure since they're not doing well in the hatchery game, they would at least have some shiny new tech to show us for all of our "investments." :rolleyes:

Reactions: cchinook
plumbertom
plumbertom
Yep. I've tried three times to purchase my '24 fishing license from their online catalog, and all three attempts have failed to finalize.
I contacted them about it and was told it was likely because of some security changes and that if the name on my card didn't match the license "exactly", it would reject it.

Reactions: PandaMan
EOBOY
EOBOY
plumbertom said:
Yep. I've tried three times to purchase my '24 fishing license from their online catalog, and all three attempts have failed to finalize.
I contacted them about it and was told it was likely because of some security changes and that if the name on my card didn't match the license "exactly", it would reject it.
For the first time in 3 years I decided to get my "Stuff" for fishing. Went to the site and right away I was asking myself what the hell is a 2 day shellfish tag????????????$33 so I just quit guess I'll just pay the fine. F$#Kin Gov!

S
Snopro
EOBOY said:
I was asking myself what the hell is a 2 day shellfish tag????????????$33
I think you're confused. There isn't a 2 day shellfish tag and no shellfish tag is $33.

You can buy a nonresident three day shellfish for $19, a resident annual for $10, or a nonresident annual for $28.

In other news, just bought all my licenses and tags 5 minutes ago. The e system worked fine for me.

Reactions: Diehard
P
PandaMan
Snopro said:
I think you're confused. There isn't a 2 day shellfish tag and no shellfish tag is $33.

You can buy a nonresident three day shellfish for $19, a resident annual for $10, or a nonresident annual for $28.

In other news, just bought all my licenses and tags 5 minutes ago. The e system worked fine for me.
You're the same guy that catches all the fish right next to me while I snag every branch, rock and tree there is, aren't you? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Admin, troutdude and Snopro
P
PandaMan
Got mine ordered up. Looks like there are still a decent amount of errors on the site. I wasn't able to get any waterfowl endorsements, so I'll have to go back in for that.

EOBOY
EOBOY
looked again just now and it'
s now a 1 day and $28.
Snopro said:

No I'm not confused that's zacly what was on the web site.............when I went back everything had changed and I had posted it here but for some reason that post never made it to this site! And I just gave up on this site too.

S
Snopro
EOBOY said:
looked again just now and it'
s now a 1 day and $28.

No I'm not confused that's zacly what was on the web site.............when I went back everything had changed and I had posted it here but for some reason that post never made it to this site! And I just gave up on this site too.
One day shellfish isn't a choice. You could buy a one day fish/shellfish combo for $23. Were you looking at the annual nonresident shellfish for $28?

Don't give up so easily. Keep at it and you'll figure it out.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Managed to get it purchased this morning.
Seems that leaving out my middle initial anywhere on the application will void the sale.

Reactions: Snopro
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Using my phone from my son's house, not a computer, I started a timer once I was logged into my ODFW account, added fishing, combined tag, shellfish (it's $10), and a new 2 year waterway pass to cart, input credit card and finalized purchase after checking "not a robot". lol

Then opened the app to confirm my portfolio was updated and my new combined tag is active on my phone.

Checked the timer - 2minutes, 18seconds.

Working fine for me. 😁

PS- spent more than 5 minutes typing/editing this post from my phone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: SparkyofSoCal and Snopro
EOBOY
EOBOY
Well if there was a finger emoji I'd give you 2 Roger, I still don't see any shellfish tag for $10.00 ANYWHERE!

Reactions: rogerdodger
EOBOY
EOBOY
I'm a Disabled Vetran is that why I'm not seeing the shellfish ($10) box?

S
Snopro
EOBOY said:
Well if there was a finger emoji I'd give you 2 Roger, I still don't see any shellfish tag for $10.00 ANYWHERE!
Are you a nonresident?

Admin
Admin
Snopro said:
Are you a nonresident?
10 years member of the forum and nonresident? 😜

EOBOY said:
I'm a Disabled Vetran is that why I'm not seeing the shellfish ($10) box?
It's just a guess, but it looks like guys use mobile applications and you are trying a website in your browser. That might be the reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Snopro
C
cchinook
PandaMan said:
It seems as though despite going into a new year, ODFW is up to their same garbage service. The website is a certifiable dumpster fire. You figure since they're not doing well in the hatchery game, they would at least have some shiny new tech to show us for all of our "investments." :rolleyes:
If you really want a good laugh read their weekly fishing report . Nothing but made up B.S.

S
Snopro
Admin said:
10 years member of the forum and nonresident? 😜
You never know....
Although the EO probably stands for Eastern Oregon.

FOR EOBOY Link to $10 Shellfish permit

CRABBING & CLAMMING

Licensing Info​

Shellfish licenses are valid from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. You can begin buying your next year's license on Dec. 1 of the prior year. If you have questions, please call ODFW licensing staff at 503-947-6101.

2023 crabbing and clamming license, tag and permit fees​

Annual Licenses​

Annual Shellfish​

Resident* $10.00
Nonresident $28.00

Reactions: Admin
Admin
Admin
Hey it's saying:
Disabled Veteran Shellfish
Resident FREE

plumbertom
plumbertom
rogerdodger said:
Using my phone from my son's house, not a computer, I started a timer once I was logged into my ODFW account, added fishing, combined tag, shellfish (it's $10), and a new 2 year waterway pass to cart, input credit card and finalized purchase after checking "not a robot". lol

Then opened the app to confirm my portfolio was updated and my new combined tag is active on my phone.

Checked the timer - 2minutes, 18seconds.

Working fine for me. 😁

PS- spent more than 5 minutes inputting this post from my phone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, call me a 'stale flatulence' but, I don't use my phone to access the internet.
About all I use it for is the map feature and text messaging. Anyone who knows me and has reason to talk to me knows they have to send a text. I don't make or respond to voice calls at all because I'm too deaf to understand them, and they are mostly spam anyway. I also use the calculator, to watch my fuel consumption for my diesel truck, and the notes' app.
Other than that, it's just a lump in my pocket. When I remember to take it with me, that is.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Snopro said:
You never know....
Although the EO probably stands for Eastern Oregon.

FOR EOBOY Link to $10 Shellfish permit

CRABBING & CLAMMING

Licensing Info​

Shellfish licenses are valid from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. You can begin buying your next year's license on Dec. 1 of the prior year. If you have questions, please call ODFW licensing staff at 503-947-6101.

2023 crabbing and clamming license, tag and permit fees​

Annual Licenses​

Annual Shellfish​

Resident* $10.00
Nonresident $28.00
Yep, Eastern Oregon Grew up on a hay and cattle ranch in Hermiston. My Greatgrand father moved here sometime in the 1800's. My Grandfather was a cowboy before WWI around Baker Or.
So it is free no wonder I couldn't find a button! You All had me questioning my sanity🤣

Reactions: Admin and Snopro
S
Snopro
Free is great! Did you fish Cold Springs Reservoir? Fun lake.