ODFW survey

Y
Yentz
beaverfan said:
Of course the price of licenses are going to go up, it's called inflation. A dollar today doesn't go as far as a dollar did five years ago. Here's a shocker the price of lures and bait has gone up over time as well but nobody complains about that.

The price of the non-resident License/tags is at $130. That was nearly a 50%+ Increase from last year. Inflation doesn't enter into it.

Want to know what the price of Washingtons non-resident License? $44

B
beaverfan
Isn't Washington also adding like a 10 or 15% tax on there fishing licenses? I wasn't referring to non-resident licenses, that is outrageous.

Y
Yentz
beaverfan said:
Isn't Washington also adding like a 10 or 15% tax on there fishing licenses? I wasn't referring to non-resident licenses, that is outrageous.

Next years Washington License is still only $24 for a Resident(For Freshwater fishing).

The new thing they are adding is an $8.25 Salmon/Steelhead endorsement for Columbia River and its tributaries.

B
bigsteel
we could start a petition to audit odfw,,,then we can see where the money goes.

B
beaverfan
good thinkin

T
Thuggin4Life
I am all for it.

B
bigsteel
does anyone know the process for getting a petition started???

F
fishkiller
bigsteel said:
we could start a petition to audit odfw,,,then we can see where the money goes.

That is a great idea!!! There is an article in this months copy of Washinton-Oregon Game & Fish and it breaks down the the fee increase. The article states ODFW has a $263.6 million biennium budget package. Don't get me wrong there is some good ideas set fourth next year like the fact I can purchase a youth sports pack for $50 and lake trollers can purchase a second rod exemption allowing them to troll 2 rods. What I do not like is the fact that $1.8 millon of the increase will go to susudize the OSP fish and wildlife troopers. I do believe we need more officers in the woods but, OSP has a budget funded by the taxpayers and I feel that sportsman is being hit coming and going. Enforcement does not equal management!! Just because OSP catches a few more poachers doen't mean the herd sizes are going to increase due to the fact of the increased predator population. What we need is a grass roots campaign to reign in ODFW spending because if we don't stand up, the increases are never going to stop.

B
bigsteel
u hit it right on the head fishkiller....i would like to see where exactly the funds are being appropriated...lets get this started.i would like to see how much of our money goes to their pensions and benifit packages.

F
fishkiller
bigsteel said:
u hit it right on the head fishkiller....i would like to see where exactly the funds are being appropriated...lets get this started.i would like to see how much of our money goes to their pensions and benifit packages.

The thing that would upset me most is if, all of the fees that we pay go into the general fund. That fund would go to all of the BS programs and not to the conservation of wildlife. Let's get the ball rolling, in a perfect world they should anser to the taxpayers.

B
bigsteel
ill see what it involves getting a petition started,,,,they need to allocate funds to certain projects,,,i hate slush funds

T
Thuggin4Life
From what I understand they have a general fund were the do whatever they want with it and a big part of our liscense and tag fees go into this government pocket lining fund.