O.F.F. tuna trip!!!

F
Fish Fight
beaverfan said:
Thanks for the info. We would be using rods, they even mention that it's ok to bring your own fly rod! I keep hearing about six packs, what exactly are they?

They are small charters that are licensed to carry up to six passengers. The ones that I know are very well equipped and fish more like a private boat with a very good and experienced skipper. You basically rent the boat and skipper for the day and try to find 5 others to split the cost.
 
B
beaverfan
Holy cow that would be awesome! Do they still supply bait/lures and everything?
 
B
beaverfan
To do a 6 pack trip would be 225.00 a person for a 12hr trip. 1350.00 total
 
F
Fish Fight
beaverfan said:
Holy cow that would be awesome! Do they still supply bait/lures and everything?

The ones I know supply everything and have quality gear. Some will drop crab traps on the way out.
 
E
eggs
I am down for this..... as long as its a weekend
 
B
beaverfan
Ya it will hopefully be a Saturday.
 
E
eggs
$220 to bring home 50-80lbs of tuna works for me!
 
N
nyersa
Did this trip ever happen? If not I would love to get in on it...
 
C
Coastaldweller
I too would be interested, if it hasn't already happened.
 
B
beaverfan
Ok all interested PM me, lets get this thing going!
 
J
JeannaJigs
well i had wanted to, but i'm so crippled and money poor now that there's no way :(
 
F
Fish Fight
Have you all followed this up? The tuna are in range and the ocean is being nice.
 
B
BobbiDollPDX
I tried to go out on July 24th but got shut down due to gale force winds. Am trying again on the 14th. Will be sure to post results.
 
C
cwsmith
The tuna are finally back!! I check every day with the reports out of the charters in Depoe Bay and I have seen the most positive reports since I went after the albies in the beginning of July. (About 7/12 the oceans got rough and hence no trips).

keep up with the tuna by checking these reports out, they are very good about updating them and post pictures occasionally.
 
F
Fish Fight
cwsmith said:
The tuna are finally back!! I check every day with the reports out of the charters in Depoe Bay and I have seen the most positive reports since I went after the albies in the beginning of July. (About 7/12 the oceans got rough and hence no trips).

keep up with the tuna by checking these reports out, they are very good about updating them and post pictures occasionally.


I fished out of Depoe on Saturday (my boat) and yes the tuna are in. Watch the weather then go get them.
 
B
BobbiDollPDX
Fish Fight said:
I fished out of Depoe on Saturday (my boat) and yes the tuna are in. Watch the weather then go get them.

I'm heading out of Newport at Midnight on Friday, here's hoping I come back with jelly arms!
 
T
troutmasta
BobbiDollPDX said:
I'm heading out of Newport at Midnight on Friday, here's hoping I come back with jelly arms!

??? How did it go?
 
F
Fish Fight
The season is just about a through. Did this trip ever develop? if so how did it go and who did you book it with?
 
B
BobbiDollPDX
Fish Fight said:
The season is just about a through. Did this trip ever develop? if so how did it go and who did you book it with?

I went twice this year, have a freezer full of fish. Oh, wait... it's not full now because I got a chest freezer for the garage. WOOOHOOO!
 

Similar threads

S
Replies
1
Views
430
Casting Call
Casting Call
00Swede
Replies
7
Views
407
frontierhistorian
F
F
Replies
4
Views
715
Fishnsleep
F
jamisonace
Replies
3
Views
421
REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
F
Replies
0
Views
342
Fishnsleep
F
Top Bottom