Northern and Muskie

S
Silentwarrior79
Are there any northern or muskie in OR? How about Walleye?

M
Moe
I know there is walleye in the columbia and a few in the willammette.....

troutdude
troutdude
Walleye yes. But, I've never seen or heard of muskie or pikes in Oregon (and I've been here all of my 50 years).

There may be some, I've just not seen 'em myself.

M
michigan_transplant
definitely not like they do in Minn. I am originally from Michigan and have had a few outings to MN for some monster Pikes.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
My mother was from Minnesota and an avid northern pike fisher and muskie fisher folk. She used to tell some pretty hairy stories!

H
Hawk
My Momma was borned in Minnesota tooo...

:lol::lol::lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Mine was born in Dassel and raised in Crosby.

H
Hawk
Raincatcher said:
Mine was born in Dassel and raised in Crosby.

I remember her saying it was an itty bitty town. She was very young when the family moved to Milwaukee, WI.

C
chris61182
As has already been pointed out, there are walleye in the columbia. But for the pike family the nearest I believe is probably Lake Merwin in Washington for tiger muskie. I believe there are a few other lakes Washington stocks/stocked with tiger muskie I just can't recall what ones.

S
Silentwarrior79
Oh, cool to see there are people that have been to MN or know someone that has lived here. I like MN, its where I was born and probably where Im gonna die. I would still like to go west of here to do some trout fishing though :) Ive always wanted to fish near the mountains somewhere. aaaaaaaahhhh, its just relaxing thinking about it.

S
Silentwarrior79
These pics are from a customer that bought my double blade pink/black lure yesterday morning. He came back a couple hours later and showed me these two of four fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
O
Outdoor_Myers
Nice ones Kodiak! I thought I read an article somewhere that there is a lake or pond somewhere in eastern Oregon that has some pike in it that odfw stocked it with them?

Troutski
Troutski
Northern Pike, Walleye...trade you some Pike Minnows and Tui Chubs.
I drool like Homer Simpson every time I watch one of those fishing shows from your neck of the woods, I'm a Rain-not snow kinda guy.
Your Winters are way to long and cold, we get chilly and wet.

Chuck