North fork of the middle fork?

brandon4455
brandon4455
looking for some general info on the north fork of the middle fork willamette as regular trout season is coming to a close soon, looking for general access to the area and maybe camping and any other tips anyone can offer ive wanted to fish this place for quite some time. any input is greatly appriciated and pm's are welcome.

brandon

Last edited:
M
mezzfin
There's only 1 campsite on that fork, and it's at MP20 (http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/pacficnw/wilcmp.htm#kiahanie) on forest road 19 out of Westfir. Good access all along Road 19, but you can get right into the fishing at the camp, too. Expect 10" bows, although there are steelies in the deep spots, of which there are quiet a few. The fish I've caught there were on a prince nymph, although I bet you can get your share on dries, too. Crazy beautiful place. Middle of nowhere.

S
sidehillwinder
Drains out of Waldo Lake, one of the purest lake on the planet. Going upstream you can take a connecting road and come out above Cougar Reservoir.

F
FlyBum
Haven't fished that in quite a few years, but I think there may be some "unimproved" campsites off some Forest Service roads along the way. At least you don't have to pay then. Make sure you bring a bunch of Attractor dries and have a good time :)

Troutski
Troutski
Don't forget about Salmon Creek, it is now open all year long. Nice area to fish and camp right on the water - for FREE.

Chuck

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
wow thanks everyone.. will check the area out for sure within a month or two, and ill have to check out salmon creek. thanks chuck.