Advice on fly fishing Middle Fork Willamette between reservoirs?

B
brandon.goes
Just got back from a couple months in Ecuador less than 24 hours and I can feel my hands itching to get a strike.

I live on the coast and know the steelhead are moving up, but my brother, who picked me up from PDX, just moved to Oakridge area from Montana and only has gear for fly fishing trout and currently no boat

We’re planning on heading out to fish the middle Fork between Lookout point and Hills Creek today.

I know it’s a slim chance with all the rain and fish moving up rivers all along the coast, but has anyone fished here recently and have an update?

Thanks for any info, the stoke is high and I can’t wait to be on the water again

Last edited:
Reactions: plumbertom
troutdude
troutdude
Welcome back.

He may not reply before you head out. But @Troutski may have some good ideas for you. Maybe @jamisonace too.

Let us know how you do.

Reactions: brandon.goes
O
olshiftybiscuits
I was there on Wednesday. It’s fishing very well. All wild trout, catch and release in that section. Fish with care.

Reactions: brandon.goes
B
brandon.goes
Shoooowee! Was that water cold! Definitely not in Ecuador anymore.

Fished plenty of beautiful places between Lookout and Oakridge. Mainly nymphed all day but the two fish we did pull out were on some tiny little dries we threw out during a hatch. Wasn’t expecting that!

Such a beautiful place that I’d love to explore more of, guess I’ve gotta good reason to get out of Pacific City more often now

Also, anyone know of any good tribs around Corvallis worth hitting in the winter for trout?