North Fork jet skis

H
Harry
The last two times, I was at North Fork, The jet skis drove me out. The last time, the jet ski operator appeared to purposely try to disturb the people fishing. I cannot understand why a lake would be stocked for fishing and allow jet skis

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
The same thing happens at Detroit and on most rivers. Recreational boats and jet skis are the bane of most fishing folks. I've fished with guys that immediately tie on a 2 ounce pyramid weight and take aim at the offenders. Crazy dangerous.

H
Harry
Really too bad that one or two people can spoil it for many.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Jetskis do operate under some special '5mph/no wake' restrictions, I suggest anyone that observes them in violation of below get them ticketed!

--------------------------
Owners/operators of personal watercraft must: (OAR 250-021-0030)...

observe Slow-no wake, maximum 5 mph speed limit:
-within 200' of a swimmer, surfer, diving flag, bank or wading angler; dock, swim float, ramp, pier, marina, floating home, or boathouse;
-within 100' of any anchored or non-motorized vessel;
-within 200' of shoreline on all lakes, reservoirs, and bays, "safe" (see page ii) take-off excepted;
---------------------------

bass
bass
From the OSMB it seems like North Fork has a 10mph speed limit on it period:

(2) No person shall operate a boat with an outboard or inboard motor at a speed in excess of 10 miles per hour on the following named waters of this state located in the counties named:

Clackamas On that portion of the waters of the reservoir known as North Fork Reservoir which lies upstream from a line drawn across the reservoir at right angles to the thread of the stream at a point 2.3 miles upstream from the North Fork Dam measured along the thread of the stream
Deschutes Hosmer, Lava, Little Cultus, Little Lava, Sparks Lakes and Crane Prairie Reservoir
Jefferson On that portion of the waters behind Pelton Dam, known as Lake Simtustus, which lies upstream from a line drawn across the lake at right angles to the thread of the stream at a point 0.85 miles upstream from the Pelton Dam measured along the thread of the stream
Klamath That portion of Upper Klamath Lake that lies west of a line beginning at a point on the north shore of Pelican Bay one-quarter mile east of Crystal Creek and extending due south to the opposite shore of the lake; any stream, creek or canal that leads into the portion of Upper Klamath Lake described above including Crystal Creek, Recreation Creek and Four-Mile Creek, also known as Harriman Creek
Lane Waldo Lake
Linn Smith and Trailbridge Reservoirs
Wasco Clear Lake

H
Harry
I watched this guy drive his jet ski about 40' feet offshore from the small beach area that is to the left of the fishing dock. He circled a couple of times, stopped his jet ski, jumped into the water and stared at the people fishing - three old couples, a mother with a young dauhter and a young couple with a small child.

X
xtramob
Was there with my father and a few friends this morning. Arrived around 7am, caught about 4 fish by 9 and a little after that the speed boats and jet ski's just got insane. Plenty going much faster than the 10mph limit. Very annoying. Just get there early if you fish off the bank to not deal with that.

S
Snagglehook
I got up there Saturday around 2ish and was totally surprised there was parking available. There were only a couple jet skier, but they were pretty respectful. At one point I did see the sheriff pull up next to a wake boat tied to a couple floats. Looked like he may have been citing them for something, but wasn't sure what.

Caught four trout, kept three, and had a few good bites. End of the afternoon, I was drifting/dozing in my kayak with my line in the water. When I decided to reel it in, I found I had something quite large at the end of the line. Turned out to be a large 14"-16" sucker fish. I first thought it was a carp, then I saw that ugly kisser. ::shudder::

The trout must have been very recently stocked because all the stomachs were completely empty.