No winter steelhead but!!

W

waco

i got this 30 inch 13 lbs:shock: brood trout at the Salish Pond it was stocked with 50 of them and the Sheridan pond got 50 as well they are from 8-15 lbs they are huge and everybody were getting this monsters i saw about 15 been landed and one guy said on the 6 hrs that he was fishing yesterday saw about 20 been taken!!!! IMG_1554.jpg IMG_1553.jpg

brandon4455

brandon4455

nice fish!!! thats a brute. looks yummy too. smoked brooder trout is a fun snack to take steelhead and salmon fishing :lol:

T

Troutier Bassier

Yeah, I caught one a few days ago that was 34" weighed about 15 pounds. :) You did nice too!

R

rippin fish lips

nice fish! i wonder how those cut/eat? never caught one that big or have eatin a brooder

T

Thuggin4Life

hey bro nice catch! i bet it was a blast. i hope you didn't eat that beast....

R

rippin fish lips

meat looks good but i still would have let that brood go. nice catch tho!

brandon4455

brandon4455

i don't think there is a point in lettin a brooder go. they just die if they don't get caught. better to eat a fish that was used for brood stock it's whole life then just let it die and go to waste. when i fish for stocker fish i think it's good to keep a fish thats big enough to feed you sometimes. but in places like detroit where you catch a lot of dinks. i let em go. ill keep a few 15 inch plus fish for the grill in camp and thats about it.

brandon

Last edited:
R

rippin fish lips

let em go and live/enjoy the rest of there life's. its not like its gunna go to waste by just dying off... comrads and other birds will eat it. jussss sayin.....

Tanner.

brandon4455

brandon4455

let em go and live/enjoy the rest of there life's. its not like its gunna go to waste by just dying off... comrads and other birds will eat it. jussss sayin.....

Tanner.

yeah,sometimes to let other people enjoy or let nature take place. ive caught fish before and handed them to the people next to me because it looked like they were homeless and fishing for dinner.

W

waco

i just ate some of that fish and it taste better than any other trout ever got!!!!! the rest is going to the smoker!!!!

T

Thuggin4Life

This isn't the thread to get into it put basically no matter what the color of the meat its just a big soft mussy nasty concrete pond fish. used and abused by odfw then tossed into a pond to die.

What a beast though what kind of gear did you get in on? how long did it take to get in? Good times!

brandon4455

brandon4455

i just ate some of that fish and it taste better than any other trout ever got!!!!! the rest is going to the smoker!!!!

good choice. smoked brooders are really good!!!

T

Throbbit _Shane

nice fish. bet it would of been fun to catch on a UL rod. Never caught a brooder so i have no input on how they eat. From what iv seen the ODFW doesn't have a brooder program down south like they do up north.

M

michigan_transplant

AWESOME CATCH MAN. Don't know what set up you were using but if it was something small it must have been a blast bringing it in.

Kinda lame he can't post his biggest trout to date without getting harassed. How does the old saying go "If you can't say something nice......."

T

Thuggin4Life

no offense to anyone.....

when we start harvestin mankind for food all you brooder eaters can have the overweight, lazy, fast food aholics that sit on the couch all day. I will harvest fresh in shape man just like i do fish.

and anything will tast good once it comes out the other end of a good smoker. the question is was it good when it when in?

brandon4455

brandon4455

no offense to anyone.....

when we start harvestin mankind for food all you brooder eaters can have the overweight, lazy, fast food aholics that sit on the couch all day. I will harvest fresh in shape man just like i do fish.

and anything will tast good once it comes out the other end of a good smoker. the question is was it good when it when in?

i agree with harvesting fresh fish for salmon and steelhead.. i draw the line at:a chinook that has turned bronze or a red coho. but ive seen people keep n ooks that are black as leather shoes and shooting sperm all over.. BLAHH!!!

Last edited: