No Love

F
flipper
Well, after reading the forum here I decided to try for my first steelhead at the McKenzie. No love. Although (below, near Leaburg) my brother and I witnessed some HUGE fish, two to be exact, jumping out of the water teasing us.

Not sure what I did wrong. Had a two-hook pink bead strung up with orange yarn (tried pink yarn as well) with no avail. Tried spinners, spoons of all colors and sizes and nothing. This is probably my 4th time fishing the McK, usually for trout..so I'm semi-unfamiliar with fishing spots.

Just thought I'd give a report.

N
n8r1
Welcome to the forum. I'll let someone more local to Eugene give you Mac advice.

L
lilsalmon
Welcome to the forum flipper......the ever elusive steel.....gotta keep trying. I myself am a trout person.

F
flipper
Thanks! Go Ducks! :D

F
flipper
Thanks lilsalmon, I also have been mainly a trout fisher...although I've had my fun with 12-15 inch trout I just am ready for the "big boys" if I can land one someday :)

N
n8r1
flipper said:
Thanks! Go Ducks! :D

Go Ducks! Glad to have another Duck fan in the forum!

D
DYJ
GO DUCKS!

Sometimes it's just a matter of having a hard time finding a fish to volunteer to do there end of the game... Keep at it. An old timer once told me that you have to cast 1000 times before you get your first steelhead... that has always stuck in my head.