Next time, don't leave this guy at the boat ramp

C
ChezJfrey
Got offered the opportunity to drift the lower Sandy today. The three of us launched, hit a few good spots, but no fish action for any of us.

We finally arrive at the takeout, and the other 2 guys decide to leave me at the ramp with the boat while they drive back to pick up the rig with the trailer. I'm standing around, eyeballing a nice rock outcropping just up river from me. Hmmmm...

I walk up there, pick a target, cast a single red corky....tick, tick, tick, snag...set hook...no movement and still snagged, so maybe really is a hangup? Then...shake, shake, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz goes the drag. Fish on with first cast off the boat! Fish put on a stellar fight, leap, leap, run, run, leap, leap, run, run...had some heft and would not give in. In the end, rod/reel win over on this wild fish:

2014-04-05_13-09-39_31.jpg

So, just had to get off the boat to catch the only fish of the day ;)

P.S. Bankies rule! lol

S
Steel4life
Beautiful fish

E
eugene1
Nice, Chez!

I've been on the other side of that while going to get the trailer. Come back and buddies getting into fish.

Sweet,

M
mikeee2362
That's awesome...sometimes I threaten to leave and then get bit, gotta love it!!

hobster
hobster
Awesome! Bankies rule is right, first time I floated the Slaw went 3 for 4 and only got one off the boat. Got 2 banking it when we stopped to take a leak ( one went back of course).

S
smoky
Nice fish