New to forum! Main Umpqua?

F
Fishslayer2
Good day,
I'm planning to fish the main Umpqua this Sunday. I've never fished it before and would like to get some details of put ins and take outs for drifting.
I'll be staying in Roseburg so any help would be appreciated. Are motors allowed? If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

I'll also be fishing south umpqua on Saturday behing 7 feathers or is it to clear? Thanks

E
eugene1
By the way, don't mention that you're from CA to anyone!!

Last edited:
F
Fishslayer2
Thanks... Maybe I'll change my profile. lol lol... I do live only 10 miles from Oregon border so I hope that counts!

E
eugene1
You'll be fine, I'm just messing with you,

Troutski
Troutski
Gov. Bob McCall..... :lol:

Chuck

S
Santiam338
You are from the state of Jefferson...LOL

Good luck..

E
eugene1
My favorite view on I5.

3060779882_d4b30764b8_z.jpg

C
Carothers
Who would have thought.. Another Californian migrating across the border to leach off of our superior hunting/fishing/camping/ and outdoor resources probably have no morals or ethics like the rest of your fellow statesmen... :rolleyes:

F
Fishslayer2
Carothers said:
Who would have thought.. Another Californian migrating across the border to leach off of our superior hunting/fishing/camping/ and outdoor resources probably have no morals or ethics like the rest of your fellow statesmen... :rolleyes:

Wow Really? You've obviously been bitten by a bad bug that crossed the border. So sorry that you feel this way... I thought this would be a nice forum to join but wow really? After thinking this through... Yes I'm coming to Oregon your great state and going to rape and pilage your great resources. With every hatchery fish I kill! Oh by the way I haven't killed a wild or hatchery fish in the last 15 yrs. I released a 20 pound hatchery on the Siletz right in front of 3 locals and they couldn't believe I let a fish like that go!

LOL

H
halibuthitman
Fishslayer2 said:
Wow Really? You've obviously been bitten by a bad bug that crossed the border. So sorry that you feel this way... I thought this would be a nice forum to join but wow really? After thinking this through... Yes I'm coming to Oregon your great state and going to rape and pilage your great resources. With every hatchery fish I kill! Oh by the way I haven't killed a wild or hatchery fish in the last 15 yrs. I released a 20 pound hatchery on the Siletz right in front of 3 locals and they couldn't believe I let a fish like that go!

LOL
boy I bet they just started casting and jerkin!!! welcome to the forum..

P
plumb2fish
South is pretty low and clear. The main is getting pretty low too. My buddies are gonna drift James Woods to Osprey Point this weekend. It's around 9 river miles, but I don't know of ashuttle service and there is no cell reception.
I would focus on the main below the forks, or the north below the dam. Dam to Hestness Landing is a good but short drift
Unfortunately those are the only drifts I have personally done, other than a few on the south.

Last edited:
E
eat, sleep, fish
Like plumb2fish said, the South is too low right now, especially by Seven Feathers. The main will probably be your best bet. Hopefully we get some rain soon.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum Fishslayer2! Don't pay any attention to the grouchy guy, :rolleyes:, ​on the whole we have no problem with anyone coming to our beautiful state to enjoy what we take for granted. We're noted on other websites for being friendly and helpful. Hope to see more from you. Don't forget the pics!

M
Mad dog
I know a guide that boated 28 fish on the main a couple of days ago!!! Most of the guides have bailed on the south and are fishing the main right now. Woods to Osprey or the forks to Umpqua, both are good floats. If you fish the forks to Umpqua you have to run Crow, it can be a biatch when it gets too low!

Troutski
Troutski
Carothers said:

This statement has no place on this site, I have sent you a pm and plan on getting administrative measures.

Chuck

M
Mad dog
What part of Nor cal 10 miles across the state line? I have lived most of my life within 10 miles of California, view of Mt. Shasta almost every day!

F
Fishslayer2
Thanks for all the responses. Very helpful indeed. Looks like I'll scrap the South and head straight to the main. Is the float from Woods to Osprey anything I should worry about? Stay left or stay right type river?

I appreciate your rapid action Chuck!
I live near Brookings on the Coast. Blessed to live near two great steelhead and salmon fisheries.

P
plumb2fish
Woods to Osprey is a very straight forward section. There really isn't any place on that section that even a moderately skilled boater will have trouble with.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Carothers said:
This member has been banned for one month for his unacceptable behavior in this thread. Troutski is giving fair warning to all members that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated. :naughty: