New reel and rod

M
mrlindeman
Pflueger reel. trion 2 bearing 1978 series. I got a super fast action Okuma slv 9 foot 6 wt rod to use the reel on. Im running 6 wt RIO indicator line on this outfit for trout and steelhead. Not coastal large steelhead, just the fin clipped guys :)
reel.png

jamisonace
jamisonace
I use 6wt Fenwick for summer run steelhead with an Okuma reel. You'll have lots of fun with it. It's a versatile rod. Perfect for big trout and summer steel.

brandon4455
brandon4455
love the reel and the line, never fished an okuma fly rod though. that indicator line will work good for summers and big redsideas on the mckenzie next year

M
mrlindeman
I needed the rod to handle the taper on that ine. It acts like 7 wt. I love the combo though. My max roll casting dynamic is 70 feet with a single haul :)

S
Sinkline
mrlindeman said:
I needed the rod to handle the taper on that ine. It acts like 7 wt. I love the combo though. My max roll casting dynamic is 70 feet with a single haul :)

Good observation on the line. That line was designed to load quickly for throwing bulky, wind resistent bobbers (indicators) for stillwater applications. I have two of those lines and they throw large bobbers better than any of three other tapers I have tried throwing bobbers with. I really don't know how that line cast for more traditional use as mine always have a big orange thing attached near the front. :lol:

Randy