Nehalen crab and salmon

Irishrover
Irishrover
Just got home from Nehalem Bay. After spending the summer in Texas I need a shot at some salty air. Crabbing was fair and my wife landed a nice 25lbs chinook hen chrome bright and sea lice on the side. Not a lot of boats out there and reports form other folks fishing was it was hit and miss. Over at Tillamook Bay the ghost hole had a ton of boat fishing there, but there were even more boats fishing the jaws of the Tillamook Jetty. The best part was four days of no rain and no wind at the coast. Tuesday it was 75 degrees out there. If it wasn't for the crowd I would have tried Tillamook I think there is more of a bite there then Nehalem.

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Good job...sounds fun. I still need to try my hand at some crabbing. hope to see you this weekend.

B
bigsteel
glad to hear you got out Lonn,excellent for you to breathe oregon air again

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice report. NICE that there was NO wind! congrats on the crabbys and the yanook.

N
Noahk
Nice job! I fished it Sunday without any luck. Saw a couple of fish landed but not every many. Beautiful spot.

Irishrover
Irishrover
It is beautiful and has some side benefits. I like being able to dock the boat at the public dock in Nehalem, walking less than a block and have lunch, then back to the boat and more fishing. Wheeler has a public dock and you can walk a block for a fresh hot cup of coffee. What a layed back place to fish for salmon.