Need private lake for city kids fishing

M
Mike's Flies
City Kids Fishing takes kids fishing on Saturdays during the summer. We provide a light breakfast, fishing gear, fish, and a nice BBQ lunch. We work with groups like Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Friends of the Children, The Salvation Army, and several churches in the Portland metro area. In order for our service to work, we need access to a private pond/lake within 30 miles of Portland that we can stock with trout. We have been in operation since the early '90's and last year was the first time we had to limit outings because we had no lake to use. If you have private water or know of some private water, please contact me at mjschmierer@gmail.com so that I can present our program to the lake owner. We are insured and a true non-profit, using all volunteer help. This is a great program for kids but we need a little help. Thanks for reading.

D
DrTheopolis
Wish I could help, but I have no ideas for you. I did read about your cause in Bill Monroe's column.

troutdude
troutdude
Wow. Good for you guys! Wish that I could help you out. Hopefully someone who can; will chime in.

S
Steelheader4Life
You may try contacting the Oregon Fishing Club. I believe they have privately owned ponds that they only let their members use. Maybe they would be kind enough to let your group use one. Thanks for doing something like this, we need to keep the young generation interested in this sport we all love.

S
Seahawkfan
Contact Bob Horning of Hornings hide out just north of north plains. It's a privately owned lake that they stock but they are good people and might let you dump some more in there. Just an idea.

Explain it the like you did here.

troutdude
troutdude
Mike,

I just shared your original post, on my Facebook page (and included your email address). Hope we can find someone, to help!