Near Philomath/Albany?

G
grizzlynitemare
Long time no post, y'all.

I'm looking for a place near Corvallis/Philomath that is decent for trout fishing (or any kind of fishing really) that is free to camp at. Or relatively cheap to pitch a tent for a couple nights. We'd like to stay within about 30-40 miles of the Corvallis area.

Need this info pretty quick. Thanks.

C_Run
C_Run
You might try exploring the Alsea. There are a couple of camps along the river, Forest Service and Benton County Parks , I think.

troutdude
troutdude
If you have a tube, or toon, yak, canoe, or other floating device...there are some cutties in Klickitat Lake, on the backside of Mary's Peak. There are also some cutties in the small lake/pond, a few miles north of the Blodgett store.

To the east, is Freeway Lakes (but likely all fished out by now). Then, there is the South Santiam River and Foster Lake further east. There is also the closer main stem of the Santiam. There's good trout water, above and below the I-5 bridges.

Word: Flies and / or artificial lures only in the Alsea for now--and a 2 fish daily bag limit.

P.S. For something different hit the Long Tom River, for bucketmouths, smallies, cutties, cats, crappie, bluegill, or carp.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
There are a lot of parks along Highway 20 heading to Bend.

H
hydropsyche
Last time I was in Albany for 6 months I would fish quartsville creek or coastal rivers for trout. Check out some of the willamette Greenway ponds for bass and pan fish. I mostly fly fished these places with dries and caught some really nice gills and bucket mouths. Soft hackle wets and big leeches in the Willamette around town caught smallies and northern Pike minnow. Not sure why minnow is in tha name cause they are usuly 12" plus.