My steel head report

T
the salmon kid
the verdict is in guys.., i went down to tueville Saturday and Sunday and ended up catching 6 nice steel head and all were nates and all where released but 1 that one was hatchery and dinner.,, i was using 2 combinations of flys one was a egg sucking ugly bug with rubber legs with a copper john dropper and the other was a black stone fly with a steel head killer dropper and i had a great time, i also tried some of the other flys you guys recommended with a little success but i did the best on a ugly bug with a copper john dropper and hooked a ton of nice trout on a prince nymph and all the steel head hit hard and didn't let go:D
thank for all the advice and i will be posting the video today
i also hooked a few salmon on the flys and they had to be released just so you know
at tueville the salmon are packed in there like sardines and when you are float fishing with 8 lb mainline and 6 lb leader the salmon tick you off:mad: after a while i had to lose 10 setups to the salmon out there just to warn you guys use heaver line just in case

H
halibuthitman
:clap::cool:

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like a really awesome day on the water. Looking forward to the video.

T
the salmon kid
i didn't really get the video of me fighting the fish because i didn't have a camera man but i do have a video of the one steel head i got in the boat and took home
trying to fight a fish film it and steer the boat at the same time is kinda hard there is also a video of me releasing a salmon back into the rogue i will have that on this site as well today

T
the salmon kid
here they are
[video=youtube;3Yey-wec9mQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yey-wec9mQ[/video]
[video=youtube;366hQXQg2-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=366hQXQg2-M[/video]

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go man! So you upgraded from that raft you had this summer huh?

T
the salmon kid
ya i got that 12 ft boat for free this year and it is just awsome on the river

T
Thuggin4Life
Looks a lot like my first boat. Should be a great roller too.

T
the salmon kid
''roller''? do you mean that it can roll over easy
or do you mean ''troller'' because the little 2.2 hp engine is excellent for trolling

Last edited: