My first on a dry!

Hit down low with the fly rod on the way to a friends job interview. Saw some stones a hatchin and i have a few dries .. and ive heard a steelhead will bite a dry. Well.. first cast in i get nothing it was a sloppy dead drift. second one im doing great and as soon as i drift into a shadow BAM! a trout flies out of the water with my fly in it's mouth. It was a little scrapper! . I put the fish in the brush on the bank for a pic . wasn't thinking and i was excited. so in advance heres and apology for mistreating the fish. he swam off just fine though. he took a size 12 royal stimulator in about 3 feet of water after that one got wet and would nto float (don't have floatant yet) i nymphed a size 14 bead head rubber leg prince nymph and missed a pretty good strike on that also. all in all it was a very cool trip for me :cool:

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Feels amazing huh, i turned and when i looked back i felt the fish on, and smiled for the rest of the day, congrats

thanks everyone, the take was amazing. can't wait to do it again. my skills are definitely improving. i think ill be leaving the spinning rod home more often now.

Top Bottom