My biggest trout to date

B
bran_man
Troutski said:
Excellent Trout, just excellent:clap: !! I think I recognize that body of water, very nice Trout indeed, congratulations on the new PR. Thanks for the picture, worth a thousand words :dance:!
Tight lines and thanks for sharing...

Chuck
Thanks! Hmmm I would def be surprised if you did know where this was.... It's definitely not a complete secret, but not too many know about it.... Let's just say if you do know where it is, let's keep it a secret! ;) ha ha

Last edited:
L
LuckyToBeFishing
bran_man said:
Thanks! Hmmm I would def be surprised if you did know where this was.... It's definitely not a complete secret, but not too many know about it.... Let's just say if you do know where it is, let's keep it a secret! ;) ha ha

If there's anyone who would know about some discreet, hidden body of water in the state of Oregon, it's Chuck. I wouldn't put it past him for a second. He also seems to have a knack for recognizing places from the photos. He's an anomaly, that guy!

Troutski
Troutski
bran_man said:

Totally understood, Mummms the word. I will say this, if we are talking about the same place; it's much better angling from a float tube than from the bank. My first experience at this place was an accident for sure, but after that it is always a treat to fish.

Chuck

C
ChezJfrey
Awesome trout!

What ammo did the trick for that beast?

ETA: Oh, and I'm not sure catching steelhead-class sized rainbows even counts as 'giving steelhead a break'...technically speaking sure, but c'mon man, they're the same size! :)

B
bran_man
Troutski said:
Totally understood, Mummms the word. I will say this, if we are talking about the same place; it's much better angling from a float tube than from the bank. My first experience at this place was an accident for sure, but after that it is always a treat to fish.

Chuck

Maybe we are thinking different spots then. This spot the water is super clear and the fish are extremely sensitive and very easily spooked. You have to have your presentation just perfect or they will swim right up to it and study it and if it looks even slightly off they are out of there. You sight fish for them here. Not going to say how, but at this spot there is a way to get a good ways out to the water to fish for them. A person floating around that pond in a tube and you would catch zero fish. That and you would only have about ten feet or so of tube floatable water.....

B
bran_man
ChezJfrey said:
Awesome trout!

What ammo did the trick for that beast?

ETA: Oh, and I'm not sure catching steelhead-class sized rainbows even counts as 'giving steelhead a break'...technically speaking sure, but c'mon man, they're the same size! :)

Just a nightcrawler on a single size 8 bait hook no weights, no bobbers, nothing else. I use only 2 or 4 lb test. These fish are EXTREMELY sensitive and smart and spooked very easily. You have to have just the right amount of worm rigged just perfect with no hook showing so it looks completely natural. Let's put it this way, I decided at one point to try a little spinner, one cast with that and the fish were completely frightened and the fishing was done after that....

M
markasd
A couple little lakes above Detroit are like that - super clear water, large fish and little pressure.
Nice pig-like trout ya landed.. good times!

F
fishinshawn
nice job dude, thats a pig! I have some high lakes over towards willamte pass that I used to fish, but we never caught bows just big brooks...

B
bran_man
Thanks guys! Sure was a fun trip!

Z
ztubs
bran_man said:
Ps. If anyone was interested, ended up being 22.5 inches and 5.3 pounds!

damn nice.

S
Socaaron
bran_man said:
Ps. If anyone was interested, ended up being 22.5 inches and 5.3 pounds!
That fish is a Beaut! I need to find me a secret little mountain lake! Lol be getting skunked on the Salmon and Steelhead but have had really good luck up on Mt Hood hitting those lakes but nothing that big

L
LoganGressett
Holy hell thats a monster! Looks like an awesome secret pond!