My 1st salmon FINALLY!

T

troutmasta

Just got my first salmon EVER today. Got a monster buck at Cedar Creek. Bad picture its from my cell phone. 16 pound HAWG! Caught it at sunrise with bobber and some eggs. Hooked another right after but my line snapped. I didn't know you had to change your leader in between, guess the first one kinda shredded it.

M

mgdguy

Congrats! :clap: :clap: :clap: That is a hog!

Love your signature too btw :lol:

O

osmosis

Way to go man!
Too bad you had to learn about changing your leader after every fish the hard way. At the very least run your fingers up the line and feel for nicks in the line after every snag or fish.

T

troutmasta

:clap:"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite" Reservoir dogs???
And ya every one I know has been Killin skunks like crazy!!:dance::clap::dance::clap::dance:

Y

youngbuck307

Hell yea man way to go!!! I did the same thing the other day on a fish... line was nicked a lil but thought it would be ok.... I was wrong!

N

ninja2010

what a hawg... good job on the skunk killage!!! :clap::clap::clap:

guess troutmasta is also salmonmasta, eh? :D

A

adambomb

Congrats on your first salmon! and a BIG one at that! I'll be tickled pink even if my first salmon is a jack!:clap::clap::dance::dance:

W

wormosa

nice fish, wait until you actually catch a 40 lb. hog, it will make that 16 lb'r look like a minnow lol... nice fish all the same bro

M

mgdguy

:clap:"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite" Reservoir dogs???
And ya every one I know has been Killin skunks like crazy!!:dance::clap::dance::clap::dance:

yep!

And not everyone has been killin the skunk yet :mad:

T

troutmasta

Thank you

Thank you

You guys don't know how bad ass it is to have a bunch of experienced fishermen telling you good job, especially for a rookie like me. THANKS OFF!!!!
I'm going again Monday mornin if anyone else is I'll be down by the house just down stream from the slaughter hole. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!;)

Last edited:
J

joesnuffy

Nice fish!

I haven't caught a Salmon this year (except the bagillion i caught in AK, but those don't count) so i need to kill the skunk too.

A

alm21

Nicely done! I caught my first salmon at CC this week too. Must be the year of the rookie!

Top Bottom