Mouth of the Sandy

H
Harry
I have been reading that it is possible to wade at the mouth of the Sandy. I have fished the Sandy further up, but never at the mouth. Can someone please tell me how to get there. Should I park at the dog park parking area on the east side of the river and walk from there or get to the mouth from the west side.

Also, when getting there, is it possible to avoid the homeless camps? I don't want to meet one of their pitbull dog guards. Thanks for the hekp

J
JonT
Look for mud and follow it north.

H
Harry
Seriously?

S
Socaaron
Take exit 17 off I84 from portland, follow Frontage row until you can turn left onto Graham road which goes under 84. From there drive down graham until you see a gravel parking lot on your left. Park in the lot and walk up there to the trail/path follow down to the mouth or descend to the river and follow the bank trails down to the mouth. It's a short walk but can feel long if you're hauling a bunch of gear. That's the west side of the river approach I've never tried the east.

Reactions: Irishrover
S
Socaaron
JonT said:
Look for mud and follow it north.

come on Jon you're usually much more helpful! lol

H
Harry
Socaaron said:
Take exit 17 off I84 from portland, follow Frontage row until you can turn left onto Graham road which goes under 84. From there drive down graham until you see a gravel parking lot on your left. Park in the lot and walk up there to the trail/path follow down to the mouth or descend to the river and follow the bank trails down to the mouth. It's a short walk but can feel long if you're hauling a bunch of gear. That's the west side of the river approach I've never tried the east.

Thank you very much

S
Socaaron
Harry said:
Thank you very much

No problem that's what OFF is for, a place to ask for advice, share stories, and brag/show off our fish!
Slight edit after rereading my previous post, the parking lot is on the right not the left...lol

H
Harry
Thanks, again