Monteith Park in Albany

F
FrozenForever Photography
@Kodiak
Where is the deep hole that you were saying has sturgeon? I know a few deep holes down river from bowman but i dont know any holes down from the calapooia. I would love to know some spots to catch some sturgeon on the willy.

F
Fishermen Jim
FrozenForever Photography said:
@Kodiak
Where is the deep hole that you were saying has sturgeon? I know a few deep holes down river from bowman but i dont know any holes down from the calapooia. I would love to know some spots to catch some sturgeon on the willy.

Ditto for me also.

Fished the Calapooia early summer with a friend. We dropped our cata-rafts in at hwy 34 figuring 4 hour trip down. Over 8 hours later, a few log jams, and one mother of a log jam that looked like an old west fortress lol. Took us 45 minutes to find a way through and actually get through that log jam. On the Calapooia, once your in, your in for the long haul unless you have a buddy somewhere with ropes and a rope later. Only managed about an hour of fishing, the rest of the time was oaring, landed at Takina Park nearly beat to death and sun burned to a crisp. Loved it. Probably won't do it again though hehe.

R
rainbowfisherman
Hey guys! Sorry I never posted a report, I kind of forgot. My bad. The good news is next year you'll have some new tips.

Okay, so I did very well. First cast of the day I got a nice cuttrhought. Unfortuantly that was the only trout of the day. Although I couldnt keep the 10 inch smallmouths off my line! Even got into a couple bigger ones. It was a fabulous day! I went back two weeks later. Same spot. And didn't catch a single fish. The strangest thing, maybe the water warmed up to much...? Any ideas?