Milo Mciver park tips?

L

love2fish

Anyone have tips for where to go fishing at McIver park? Buddy will be fly fishing and I'll be drifting yarn and corky or eggs from a bobber. Any ideas? I've never been out there. Also, what kind of fish might we find in there right now? Steelies?

Chris:cool:

Y

youngbuck307

yea it should be some summers up there dont plan on finding any coho they dont go up that high unless they are lost I was told. Also just make sure to go small and dark

L

love2fish

yea it should be some summers up there dont plan on finding any coho they dont go up that high unless they are lost I was told. Also just make sure to go small and dark

Could I use a dark purple yarn ball and drift it from a bobber? Also, is it absolutely necessary to use a corky? If so, why?

Chris:clap:

Y

youngbuck307

you could do it without the corky no problem kinda better right now to go with lil bit of yarn or a corkie not both ends up normaly being a lil to big. also try drifting without the bobber. do you have any black and red?? works prety good!!!

L

love2fish

you could do it without the corky no problem kinda better right now to go with lil bit of yarn or a corkie not both ends up normaly being a lil to big. also try drifting without the bobber. do you have any black and red?? works prety good!!!

I don't have any black and red yet - I have an orange color and I also have purple and then a BRIGHT pink.

Right now I am using a bobber, in-line weight and then my leader with a split shot about half way down my leader. I'm using size 1 hooks with yarn balls that I made out of about 1" long pieces of yarn shaped cut into a ball...sound about right?

Chris:think:

Y

youngbuck307

yea should work same idea as a jig just with a yarn ball... only thing is with the water being so clear might want to take out the 2 splits they might be able to see them pretty easy. as long as that yarn ball sinks with the waight of the hook (witch i think it would) would be better to use. go with the lighter orange maybe to early befor the sun hits the water to much.

M

metalfisher76

HINT: Lots of lost fish this year! LOTS!