Meldrum Bar spring chinook

Fishpdx
There's a guy who said there's a lot of people catching springers at meldrum bar. is it true? I never went spring chinook fishing before so no idea. I didn't think they would be here already , seems little early. But if there here I want some. Any tips on what works ? Also What kind of weight do i need? and what setup you guys use. I heard people using kwikfish , I have some but no idea how to use them. Might go this saturday if there's fish.

Berg03
They are being caught at Oregon city on the willy already.

Fishpdx
What should i use? I don't know how to properly plunk. I only tried drift fishing,spinners,and bobber.

OnTheDrop
Spreader bar- 15" leader to weight off the bottom ( tough to say how much, 8+oz, for sure ) then a 24-30" leader to a 3/0 Owner needle point hook. Chartrueese spin glow, with a tiny bead on top of it. Almost done..... A nicely cured coon shrimp. Only cast about 15ft off the shore.... No more.... You have a chance at a early springer, early summer steelhead, and a Winter steelhead. Booooooom

Reactions: Big3d
pinstriper
Wow. That needs to be a sticky.

Chromatose
Here is a diagram of a setup I have used.

taconight2night
Great info! Thanks!

steelheader19
fished meldrum past 4 weeks its been pretty slow, not much action exceot a few steelies and 1 springer

cddunn
steelheader19 said:
fished meldrum past 4 weeks its been pretty slow, not much action exceot a few steelies and 1 springer

Thanks for the update. I've been considering a trip to either Meldrum, Prescott Beach or Willow Bar.

Fishpdx
Okay I'm going to try it out , I have one rod without the hotshot and the other with hotshot. Also I have some old cured eggs in my fridge should I add them on the spin n glow? I have the light orange one and chanteuse/orange . Also How would you fish kwikfish on meldrum ? I see differen't people with different styles.

Fishpdx
I'm going to try spin n glows tomorrow morning . Hopefully not a lot of rain. But I will put up a report.

Chromatose
Go with what ya think, then when all else fails, throw in the kitchen sink...............