Mcfly Foam

N
nativefish
When making a nuke egg, why do all recepies call for mcfly foam for the egg body rather than a simple yarn egg.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
N
nativefish
any ideas on material to use for the veil that might be unique? I have never tied a fly before but just got a vice in the mail last week :)

S
steelhead1
I use the "snow" material that you can get at any craft store.Its what people use for their miniature ceramic x-mas villages. Costs about two bucks for a lifetime supply,and makes a great white stripe in glowbugs,too.

N
nativefish
i may have to test the density and have yarn balls from 2 materials, one for under the bobber and one for the drift

S
steelhead_stalkers
Our yarn is neutrally buoyant so when drift fished it stays off the bottom better than any other yarn and when fished under a float you just need to add a few split shop to your leader to keep the yarn down. Since its made from natural fibers it also absorbs fly floatant very well and floats high. We fish it both ways and it works great!

N
nativefish
looking forward to seeing the pics you posted on here. my computer wont load em where i am at right now. i ordered some of your yarn just waiting for it to get here so i can start messing around with it. what type of threads do you recomend. and do you know any good resources on how to use a whip finisher? i got a lot of patterns and ideas in my head can't wait to start messing around.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I like danville waxed flymaster +. Its great thread. Not sure about the whip finisher video but there is probably one on youtube. Yarn will be delivered shortly!

N
nativefish
made my first egg out of glo bugs. its a little harder than i though. I know now my bodkin is junk and i dunnu how tie off at the end yet cause whip finisher is hurtin my mind