Marion Lake

F

fishudedmeet

has any1 fished mmarion lake?

M

Mike123

I have but the weather conditions made it complicated. haha
3-4ft waves and I was out in my float tube.
If you go there make sure its not windy!
We could only fish one small section of the lake... and no fish for us. :(

P

PacRat

I've had great hikes in and around Marion Lake, but no fish on three different trips.

Beautiful, though!:dance:
Tony

T

tnffishman

caught some nice brookies at marion lake with powerbait. and also hooked up on a monster rainbow on a rooster tail. I heard that two summers ago was really good fishin up there

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Soooo lost....

Soooo lost....

Aaarrrgh!!! I have tried Google and two other mapping services and simply cannot find Marion Lake! I'm assuming it might be close to Salem but I am lost. Can any of you give fairly good directions from the Salem area? I would love to check it out. Thanks friends,be safe.
Barb

B

BlackTalon

Marion Lake

I can't remember exactly where it is but not real close to Salem. My brother and I hiked into there years ago. We took a small raft in a backpack and fished in the snow. Also made a trip there that included a "close call" with a fuel canister after a few too many beers. Ah the memories.

Evan

A

Acousticfish

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Thank you!

Thank you!

I did some searching of my own and found this. I believe it is the Marion lake that I have heard of. I have a friend who hikes in ever opening day. Alas he is in Montana for a bit. Here is a link to a map on Google hope this helps if you like I'll call him and ask.

from: salem or to: +44° 34' 36.36", -121° 53' 39.48" (44.576767, -121.894300) - Google Maps

Acousticfish;
Thank you so much for that. I will be checking it out as soon as decent weather arrives. I am not much for hiking in mud or snow,so will wait a bit. It is definitely on my short list. Thanks again,that is what this site is all about,helping others enjoy the experience. Be safe.
Barb