Marion Lake

T
troutmasta
Power eggs are what you want, chartruese w/ glitter OFF the bottom

troutdude
troutdude
X 2, on all of the above.

One note of caution, though. The outlet is closed, from the markers down to the bridge. It is a very short stretch of PRIME spawning habitat.

It IS a neat stretch, however, to watch 2 - 4 pound trout jump as much as 4 and even 5 feet out of that water--and "OFF" some salmon flies!

S
snodgrass
Thanks guys! Troutdude, I feel ignorant here. What do you mean? What is the outlet? Are you saying it is NOT currently a place to fish due to spawning? Sounds like something my boys and I would enjoy watching?

troutdude
troutdude
The outlet, is where Marion Creek flows out of Marion Lake. There are markers placed, near the mouth of that creek outlet. From those markers--down to the foot bridge that crosses the creek--is always closed to fishing (not just closed OFF, during the spawn).

If there is a hatch happening while you are there; then yes, you and your kids would enjoy watching those fish jump.

Hope that helps.

F
furflinger
I havent been there in about 4-5 years. Last time i was there we timed it perfect right when the ice cleared the lake and we made a stop at ann lake and had a blast catching brooke trout, By the time we were done fishing Ann, we had enough time to hike up to Marion check it out and head back down before it got dark. When we made it back police where there because vandals had broke into some cars. Has anybody heard of cars being broke into lately? Id love to make a weekend trip up there but was always woried about my car being broke into. My grandfather retired from ODFW awhile back and used to pack in stocked fish into a lot of the lakes in the area and he always told me that marion had some super monster brookes in there, and he loved fishing it in the fall, hint hint..
Good luck-

S
snodgrass
THANK YOU! We brought a borrowed raft up. Paddled around the entire lake. My 11 year old caught all the fish. 5 brook trouts. However, the first three were all lost to the lake due to my inability to sufficiently string them up. We were able to keep the last two when I ran a length of rope in their mouths and out their gills with both ends tied to loops on the raft. How do you guys string your fish up?

F
furflinger
I don't string my fish. I eat um right off the hook... lol- I tie loops on both ends connect one end to a d-ring and put a caribiner on the other them run it through the mouth out the gill plate and clip the caribiner back on the main line...