Possible Public Access and Gov not Doing their Jobs

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Two Part Thread incoming:

Part 1. Last October I moved from the coast range to the cascades (East Linn co.) and was curious as to if anyone knew why or when the burned areas of National Forest will be open to recreational activities in Linn and Marion county? I obviously would love to hunt the areas because it’s obvious that the regrowth is growing big bucks. And not looking for free handouts as I have no issues finding animals and have a few promising spots E-Scouted.

Part 2. Am I the only one getting tired of state and federal government being lazy and using COVID as an excuse to not do their jobs?
The fires of 2020 were 4 years ago and the PUBLIC land controlled by feds, state and county are still closed in parts of the cascades due to post-fire cleanup necessity.
More dangerous or not we shouldn’t be fined for recreating on our own lands.

S
Snopro
It's May of 2024. What government agencies are, "using COVID as an excuse to not do their jobs"?

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I should have been more clear. COVID itself isn’t slowing down the reopening of public land, unless the counties and USFS are still extremely understaffed. But during COVID everything with involving the gov. of both high and low importance was slowed down. Now we’re 4 years post fires and 1-3 years post COVID (depending on who you ask) and the most the National Forest land and county parks in the Santiam canyon remain closed to public access. I’m just curious as to why.
The claim is fire hazard cleanup isn’t finished, okay I understand that. Even though my company cleaned up and logged our burned lands over two years ago. I don’t believe it’s fair that our public land closed simply because it’s “unsafe” to recreate there.
Rights > Saftey

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
This entire thread may have been pre-mature. Apparently lots of canyon ground is reopening this year. Maybe I shoulda done my research before complaining.
If they don’t actually reopen it, I’ll be back to complain some more.

S
Snopro
SiletzTroutKiller said:
I don’t believe it’s fair that our public land closed simply because it’s “unsafe” to recreate there.
Rights > Saftey
Exactly how I feel about train tracks.

Reactions: bass
SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Snopro said:
Exactly how I feel about train tracks.
Facetious answer. Cute.
I’m curious on how to feel about the land closures 🤔

S
Snopro
SiletzTroutKiller said:
Facetious answer. Cute.
I’m curious on how to feel about the land closures 🤔
Not trying to be facetious. I feel exactly the same way you do about public land access/closures. Railroads have locked us out of legally accessing more public land than any other entity I can think of.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Snopro said:
Not trying to be facetious. I feel exactly the same way you do about public land access/closures. Railroads have locked us out of legally accessing more public land than any other entity I can think of.
Dang I’m sorry now I feel like a D-Bag.
I’ve rarely had to deal with tracks but I do happen to work for a particular company that is known for land locking public, I’ll leave it at that.
Plus I’ve come across private owners who didn’t want to honor easements. That was fun.
However I found some now open public in the canyon to scout but the spot I was really gunning for won’t open this year

Reactions: Snopro
D
DonF
How can anyone accuse the American government of not doing their job?

• Haha
Reactions: SiletzTroutKiller