Making a documentary for central Oregon rivers and streams

S
spmpdr
So i got this new GO PRO hd camera and it has kind of inspired me to make a documentary about our central Oregon River fishing. Anyone want to be part of it ? Would anyone be willing to help edit video and be part of production? I want to show not only fly fishing but all forms of fishing here in CO and the Beautiful rivers and scenery we are so blessed with here? Let me know if you might be intereseted. Im looking to film people fishing and what they are using , when , where , and how over the next year . Let me know if you might be interested.

brandon4455
brandon4455
excellent idea! if i lived in central oregon i would love to!!! ive always wanted to be in a documentary about fishing.. too bad im on the other side of the hill

R
rippin fish lips
Such a great idea! Go PRO is the way to go cam if u can afford it :D That is... in my own opinion tho.

S
salmon_slayer87
spmpdr said:
So i got this new GO PRO hd camera and it has kind of inspired me to make a documentary about our central Oregon River fishing. Anyone want to be part of it ? Would anyone be willing to help edit video and be part of production? I want to show not only fly fishing but all forms of fishing here in CO and the Beautiful rivers and scenery we are so blessed with here? Let me know if you might be intereseted. Im looking to film people fishing and what they are using , when , where , and how over the next year . Let me know if you might be interested.

My dream come true...if only I lived in your neck of the woods. I wish you luck. Let us know how the film is going.
Dale

S
spmpdr
UPDATE: So far i have taped some footage of me at the crooked river . I have not received many responses of interested people to participate in this documentary . So im thinking about just approaching fisherman in the act and talking with them and asking them about filming them in action and interviewing them. I wanted to ask you all if you would be offended if i approached you while you were fishing and asked this of you?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Turn down a chance to show OFF form, gear and a possible catch to show OFF to boot? I am betting you won't have any trouble getting consent. :D

F
flipper
I'm pretty new to the Bend area myself (just moved to Bend about 3 weeks ago!).

I doubt I would be catching any fish as I will have to learn the waters and locations to actually catch fish, but would love a "buddy" to hang out with while doing what we love most!

Shoot me a PM the next time you're planning on going out (I can usually only fish on Saturdays). Perchance we could hook up (no pun intended!).

S
steelhead_slayer
i think it would be a cool idea at the places that could handle the added pressure it could bring if you posted it online or something. i.e. spots that are already popular or well known

Last edited:
R
radke15
I would definitely be interested in helping you. I will be fly fishing in bend this summer. Just shoot me a text sometime in june or july and we'll meet up and go out. 805 558 9674 also i doubt anyone would be offended unless they were just having a really bad day...

S
spmpdr
radke15 said:
I would definitely be interested in helping you. I will be fly fishing in bend this summer. Just shoot me a text sometime in june or july and we'll meet up and go out. 805 558 9674 also i doubt anyone would be offended unless they were just having a really bad day...

Ill give you a call soon ..... probably going to start filming the middle d shortly here.

R
radke15
are you still filming?

C
cowboysfan
you can come with me any time, did not read your thread until just now i am going to lava off the bank with my son and wife in the morning! i will let you know any other time i go if you like. I like the idea of what you are doing.

S
spmpdr
UPDATE: I havent been filming in a few weeks but plan to shortly. I will let everyone know when i do start to film. I dont plan on giving away spots on rivers that are not well known . I to like having those spots remain secret. I will expose fishing gear ,tactics, and hope to meet some fun and entertaining people. Ive decided that i dont want this to be a traditional documentary. You know the typical show the angler , hook the fish , show the fish , release the fish. I want to show the tactics and techniques as well as the family fun aspect of fishing. Ill keep everyone posted.

R
radke15
sounds good man looking forward to it.